Norwich v Saints Build up Thread

John Boy Saint

On 3/8/2020 at 12:35 PM, saint97 said:

Same team I'd go for.

I think that Valery is actually quite a good prospect as a rwb but doesn't have the positioning to play in a back 4. Give Walker-Peters a chance.

No chance Adams will start but I'd like to see it.

Worth playing Adams imo. He did well pre-season when there were no crowds. This could be the moment.

2 hours ago, eelpie said:

Worth playing Adams imo. He did well pre-season when there were no crowds. This could be the moment.

Possibly, but not on the evidence of his finishing in the friendly a few days ago. Rolled one straight into the keeper's hands with loads of time and no pressure in the box.

Does anyone know how I can definitely watch the Norwich game from abroad - specifically Grenada in the Caribbean? I've not found it easy to watch today's games and I don't want to be scrabbling around at 6pm on Friday trying to find a stream. I'll pay if required and would prefer not to use a dodgy stream. Android phone or iPad. Thanks.

9 hours ago, Saint_Jonny said:

Not sure if I am excited for the restart of just excited to see what football will look like in Covid-land. Either way, will be good to cheer on Saints again, albeit from the sofa. 😃

Will be interesting to see (and hear) what technology the broadcasters use to create "crowd noise", camera angles etc to liven the atmosphere for the viewer.

4 minutes ago, austsaint said:

Will be interesting to see (and hear) what technology the broadcasters use to create "crowd noise", camera angles etc to liven the atmosphere for the viewer.

I watched the DAZN stream today and they had crowd reaction noises for chances, goals etc. Trouble is, it’s probably a bloke pushing a button so it was delayed and just felt weird. 

Bit nervous about this game as I really hope we don't have our 'expect to win against lowly club' heads on. Win here and we're almost home and hosed. Suspect also by the by that this system of many games in not long will favour those big clubs (not Norwich) who are able to call on strong, deep squads. Ours is pretty thin, to be honest. Then again, i think us not playing at home in front of our fans might actually help - we've been good away so hope that continues but no crowds may be a leveller there. The transition to not having Hojberg as skipper will need managing - is Ward Prowse vocal enough? Do we have too many eyeing moves away? Really hope we can start with a win

26 minutes ago, Fookwit said:

Grant Hanley being injured is a blow to Saints as he is one of the few central defenders in the premier league who might struggle to get in Saints central defence. Not even good enough to get in Scotland team

So how shit must the guy be who is replacing him! 😎

The weird thing about that Hawkeye screw-up was Sky discussing that there was a window of one minute and 9 seconds where they could have used VAR.

Sure, there was also a shorter window where they could have used, you know, "eyesight." 

10 hours ago, Harry_SFC said:

Zimmerman, Hanley, Byram and Stiepermann are ruled out for Norwich, who only have two fit centre backs..

When they beat City they were a rag tag and bobtail team cobbled together due to the injury list - so don’t hang you hat on our advantage at their sick list.

Nervous about this, you just don't know how sharp the team will be after the break, 

My favorite Spanish team, Real Sociadad , were looking odds on for the Champions League before the shut down, Now they have picked up one point out of 2 games against relegation strugglers. 

I like Lawro's prediction, says Norwich can treat it like a start to a new season and then starts referring to our poor form from before the lockdown........

Apparently form is relevant but also not relevant. 

My main worry is how up for this we are going to be, they are battling relegation and I worry our players think they are safe, so a little complacency coupled with rustiness is not a good thing. 

There is nothing like waking up on matchday full of fear,trepidation and expectation for the game ahead. 
damn I’ve missed it. 
I don’t miss however,the sense of disappointment,anger and bewilderment after the game. 
Which is usually the case,of late. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Easty said:

Just a quick question guys. How do I find this game live on free to air.  Thanks

Free view channel 11 - pick tv. Channel is owned by sky. Available for anyone to watch (as long as you have free view I guess)!

4 hours ago, Dusic said:

Big chance for Obafemi to get ahead of Long for most of the rest of the season tonight. Lets hope he does well. I believe all his Saints goals have come away from home.

It's time for him. He's got to show he can play consistently and be a dependable player. He is no longer the new kid who has potential in the future, his future needs to start now.

1 hour ago, striker said:

It's time for him. He's got to show he can play consistently and be a dependable player. He is no longer the new kid who has potential in the future, his future needs to start now.

He's 19!

He's a good player and obviously has great potential, but expecting him to be the finished product now is utterly ridiculous. You can count on one hand the number of strikers that have been at his age.

I reckon we'll see him gradually improve and become more and more important to the team, similar to the way JWP has done.

Well I am excited football is back   Lets hope we are motivated to finish the season well and put in some good performances for the next 9 games. Think perversely that no fans may help us both home and away, we seem to have a few players who crack under the pressure. 

If Adams starts for us might stick a tenner on him to score! 
i am blindly optimistic- so whilst I still have no faith in our defence to keep a clean sheet,  gonna go for an Ings and Armstrong goal tonight! Redmond to set both up

On 6/18/2020 at 1:53 PM, Harry_SFC said:

Zimmerman, Hanley, Byram and Stiepermann are ruled out for Norwich, who only have two fit centre backs..

Godfrey by far their best cb and not much difference between Zimmerman, Hanley and Klose so won't affect this game much imo.

Lets hope Obafemi takes his chance. It's about time we didn't have Long starting every week 

Pretty much the expected line-up, I guess, with Long's injury.

Doesn't say much for Hasenhüttl's view of Kyle Walker-Peters that KWP still can't get in ahead of Yan Valery despite the latter having had a bit of a train wreck of a season for various reasons.

Interesting to see Nathan Tella coming through at long last. He looked very promising after joining us from Arsenal academy but then seemed to drift away somewhat (I appreciate he's been injured for a significant proportion of that time though)