• Norwich
    • Villa
    • Bournemouth
    • West Ham
    • Watford
    • Brighton

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/07/2020 at 06:56, Toussaint said:

Relegation looks just about sorted after yesterday’s results, Watford and West Ham winning. 

Correct until Sunday! With Villa and Bournemouth winning too, it's as you were.

Norwich gone, Villa and Bournemouth still favourites to join them but Watford and West Ham's nerves will be back. Quite interesting now when you look at the remaining games. Bournemouth should lose to City then will have to beat us to have hope.

I'd love to seebus actually send them down then for it to come down to the last day with Villa v West Ham to settle it. And obviously Villa winning in added time.

Edited by Shroppie

3 hours ago, Shroppie said:

Correct until Subday! With Villa and Bournemouth winning too, it's as you were.

Norwich gone, Villa and Bournemouth still favourites to join them but Watford and West Ham's nerves will be back. Quite interesting now when you look at the remaining games. Bournemouth should lose to City then will have to beat us to have hope.

I'd love to seebus actually send them down then for it to come down to the last day with Villa v West Ham to settle it. And obviously Villa winning in added time.

BIB  Is may just be my imagination but it seems like every season there's one round of fixtures (usually with less than half a dozen fixtures left) when all of the relegation candidates win, then it's back to normal the following week.

Norwich obviously, Bournemouth and would love it to be West Ham but sadly think they've done enough already so Villa for the final slot

Genuinely think AFCB may pull off the great escape.

Can see WH beating Watford, which'll leave just 3 points between Watford and AFCB. 

AFCB will beat Everton on the last day and I can't see Watford getting anything against Man City and Arsenal.

2 hours ago, supersonic said:

Can see WH beating Watford, which'll leave just 3 points between Watford and AFCB. 

AFCB will beat Everton on the last day and I can't see Watford getting anything against Man City and Arsenal.

I can see Watford doing Arsenal, they’re  pretty soft. A West Ham win also brings Villa into play if they win tonight, as West Ham will be safe last day. 

Leeds are all but promoted....Interesting to see Bielsa in the prem (assuming he hangs around)

I hope Brentford pip WBA to 2nd spot.

Leicester collapsing has gifted Bournemouth a chance.  Let see how they handle it on Sun

I can see West Ham beating Watford.

I'm still hoping West Ham can go down. Only needs them to lose their last two games by about 4-0 each, Brighton to find a point from somewhere, Watford to get 4 points and Villa to win their last two (including WH) convincingly. 🙄😉

Edited by Shroppie

On 16/07/2020 at 11:27, supersonic said:

I still have this feeling too.

On 15/07/2020 at 17:48, redandwhite82 said:

leeds forest and wba up

Forest with an epic collapse. Brutal.

• last 6 regular season matches...DLDDLL
  • Match Week 46 - in 6th place - a 3 point lead with a +5 GD over Swansea
  • Forest loses 1-4, Swansea wins 4-1
  • in their 1-4 loss the 4th goal was an OG in the 6' of injury time.

FINAL TABLE

6 Swansea 70pts +9GD

7 Forest 70pts +8 GD

1 hour ago, SaintTex said:

FINAL TABLE

6 Swansea 70pts +9GD

7 Forest 70pts +8 GD

They actually started the day in FIFTH place.

• Like 1

PL football clubs and the local OB will now be hoping their club get Leeds at home in the first half of the season when away fans will likely still be absent inside stadiums, they certainly be a handful.

Saying that (and away allocations allowing), Leeds away will be in demand if tickets available, West Brom is usually popular and it would (normally) be good for a London side to come up for the usual good day out. But if either of the west London clubs do make it tickets will be like gold dust. Brentford's new stadium only holds 17,000, visitors will be lucky to get 1500 tickets. It's similar at Fulham with only 3 sides open during the new stand construction so they'll be just for the lucky few. Welsh need not apply.

As a statistician I couldn't resist. Assuming all individual match outcomes involving relegation teams to be equally likely (I know they're not) chances for each team surviving are Bournemouth <4%, Watford 33%, Villa 48%, plus 15% of Bournemouth relegated and the others both win or both lose and it depends on GD swing. That favours Villa as Watford need a 2 goal swing.

Bournemouth have a massive game on Sunday.  They play Everton who cannot win any more money - in fact they will possibly lose a bit if Bmuff beat them. Whereas, for Eddie Howe and his team, they are playing for many millions in terms of a retained spot in the Premier League. It is more than a cup final for Bmuff and surely Howe must get every last ounce of effort and commitment from his side. He should be driving them on from the touchline, encouraging but, where necessary, balling out any players not doing their jobs. Howe should send his team out with instructions to fight, close down, make lung bursting runs and tackle like tigers - he has plenty of subs to bring on so no excuse for slacking. This is the final throw of the dice so they better make it a good one and put everything in. If so, by sheer will and the fact that Everton have practically nothing to play for, Bmuff may get the win against the odds. Even that will not be enough if Watford or Villa pick up something but at least they will have given it their best shot. Let's see what Eddie Howe is made of because I keep hearing what a genius he is - well, now is the time to prove it.

3 hours ago, Teddeer said:

Bournemouth have a massive game on Sunday.  They play Everton who cannot win any more money - in fact they will possibly lose a bit if Bmuff beat them. Whereas, for Eddie Howe and his team, they are playing for many millions in terms of a retained spot in the Premier League. It is more than a cup final for Bmuff and surely Howe must get every last ounce of effort and commitment from his side. He should be driving them on from the touchline, encouraging but, where necessary, balling out any players not doing their jobs. Howe should send his team out with instructions to fight, close down, make lung bursting runs and tackle like tigers - he has plenty of subs to bring on so no excuse for slacking. This is the final throw of the dice so they better make it a good one and put everything in. If so, by sheer will and the fact that Everton have practically nothing to play for, Bmuff may get the win against the odds. Even that will not be enough if Watford or Villa pick up something but at least they will have given it their best shot. Let's see what Eddie Howe is msade of because I keep hearing what a genius he is - well, now is the time to prove it.

I'm sure that Villa and Watford will have exactly the same motivation and the odds are massively against Bournemouth. They have to win with neither of the others getting anything.

Feel sorry for Bournemouth but villa will get something out of West ham no matter what they do to Everton. That's the classic West ham MO. Shit when they should do well, upset the odds when they really should do crap. 

On 23/07/2020 at 05:30, SaintTex said:

FINAL TABLE

6 Swansea 70pts +9GD

7 Forest 70pts +8 GD

yea - nightmare

On 26/07/2020 at 11:41, Whitey Grandad said:

I’d like to see Swansea to go up.

I was impressed by the dignity of the supporters that I met when we beat them at their place two years ago. One shook my hand and wished us well.

Proper club, proper supporters.

Yes but it’s a dump and a bitch to get to. An hour and a half from Bristol, let alone anywhere else.

5 hours ago, the saint in winchester said:

West London derby. What do we prefer?

Brentford win - Reed has a preference to stay with us? No Brentford players available for sale.

Fulham win - Reed wants to stay with Fulham? Chance of pinching Brentford players.

I want to have Reed back, so have to prefer a Brentford win. He's one of our own.

True, but if Reed wants out and is determined to stay at Fulham, then it fairs better for us that Fulham go up, if we get more for selling him to Premier League Fulham than Championship Fulham.

That said I would love to see him back at Southampton, I really think he's progressed well, but if he wants first team football and we get McKennie, he's probably going to have to leave.

I'd love to see Brentford go up, but I think Premiership experience will see Fulham do it IF they have Mitrovic back for the final. My mate supports Fulham so I'm easy either way. Brentford would be some story though.

Love to see Brentford make it to the PL 😀!

Have a few good mates who support them, one of whom died prematurely and would be great in his memory, as he obviously never saw them in the top league in his lifetime !

Also had connections at Fulham for a while and have a soft spot for them but my heart prefers the Bees !!

🐝🐝🐝

I used to kick a ball around with a lad from down my road when I was young and he was the only Brentford supporter I ever knew. Just had a quick look on-line - still going and now a cricket coach so I'll plump for Brentford for old times sake. Never did make it to those 4 pubs though..

9 minutes ago, igsey said:

Reed has been the best player on the pitch tonight (though should have been sent off first half!).

I think this will be decided by a scrappy injury time winner.

My Fulham supporting mate says he’s the best player in most of their games. He was better in both Semis than he’s been tonight but he’s still been aggressive and positionally decent. 

As per the Reed thread though, he’s not 5’11’’ in a million years. Wikipedia is lying! He’s 5’8’’ at best.

Shit game though. Fulham on top but wasteful finishing. Not sure i rate Parker as a manager. With that team they should have got autos.