• Oriol Romeu
    • James Ward-Prowse
    • Stuart Armstrong
    • Nathan Redmond
    • Che Adams
    • Danny Ings
    • Shane Long

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/07/20 at 19:00

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-0 Man City... No, Seriously
  • Lighthouse pinned this topic

That was sheer bloody heroic.  Stephens and Bednarek were sensational in the center.  All round, just a backs to the wall game but it was a red and white wall - I cannot remember a better performance at home for a long, long time.

JWP covered every blade of grass and Romeu was immense.  Having dais that, not fair to pick out individual players as that was as big a team performance as you are likely to see.

• Like 1

Joint most satisfying win of the season alongside Leicester. On the BBC as well which is amazing. Have we been the best team to emerge after lockdown? Maybe behind united but there's certainly a case for it. Brilliant to have some professionalism and team spirit back. 

That was incredible. Just to echo what others have said, Leeds away Mark II, absolutely fantastic backs against the wall performance. Felt like we set up like the away team and got our rewards for doing so. Gutted to not have been there to see that Che goal, and just imagine the noise at the final whistle!! Incredible Saints, 

Having watched us perform manfully in the away game to ultimately lose and then to watch us step up again today and this time to win...fantastic. Take the plaudits we deserve them. I reckon that will be one happy dressing room!

I love dogged gritty rearguard action type games like this, we don't have too many, last one I can remember was the famous Leeds (a) match in the promotion season.

Citeh threw the kitchen sink at us and we rode our luck but what superb dogged defending. Stephens and McCarthy take a bow but the whole defence was superb.

What a great goal too from Che.

Top entertainment all round.

Another class performance from Stephens. A player who looked so talented but it seemed wasn't going to channel it into consistent 90 minute displays but this season has blossomed.

Immense effort by the players and great opportunism by adams. That's certainly one way to get off the mark at a new club.

Slightly surprised we didn't freshen the midfield up with Djenepo at some point.

I’m just sitting here stunned. Was fully expecting a really weak penalty or huge defected goal in the dying minutes of the game. It’s happened so often and particularly against City in recent years. 

But we did it, we held on. Incredible really.

• Like 1