Chelsea 3-3 Saints - Reaction

Lighthouse

Man of the Match v Chelsea  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match v Chelsea?

• Alex McCarthy
    • Kyle Walker-Peters
    • Jannik Vestergaard
    • Jan Bednarek
    • Ryan Bertrand
    • Oriol Romeu
    • James Ward-Prowse
    • Nathan Redmond
    • Theo Walcott
    • Danny Ings
    • Che Adams
    • Nathan Tella
    • Shane Long
    • Ibrahima Diallo

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/10/20 at 20:00

Really struggled to see the end of that, vision was almost entirely distorted by the blue jizz from the commentators. Great fight back, second half all over them. Thought JWP and Romeu were magnificent in the centre. It takes a hell of a performance to take control of the centre of the pitch against Chelsea. Lost my shit at Tella refusing to cross it in at the end. Vestegaard transformed this season. Real brave performance by the lads against a side with just so much more resources. 

Edited by sydney_saint

Where the fuck did that come from? Honestly, 30 mins gone we should have been 3/4-0 out of sight.

We obviously gave ourselves a shake in the 2nd half, I don't know why it always needs to be like that? (we're often chasing games due to an awful first half).

Second half excellent though, lots of pressing, lots of pressure. They obviously tired and once again our higher fitness levels shone through at the end.

Theo grew into the game and started to find space as Chelsea tired.

• Like 1

Defensively horrific at times, but we were actually pretty decent with the ball for large periods.

I wasn't on board with the Walcott signing - and his pace has definitely fallen off - but credit to him: he got better and better as the game wore on.

A well deserved point - could've been more if Bednarek in particular had put in a semi competent shift at the back.

Lampard won't last Christmas. Can't organise a defence to save his life. He's a shit Kevin Keegan. 

Good game. Well worth the zero pounds I paid for it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Fab display in the 2nd half. Deserved that point. Was frustrated at the naive way we let them back in at 2-2. Nice to see us being professional after getting it back to 3-3.

Walcott carries a threat.

Vestergaard seems a different player.

Thought Romeu was suberb.

He was. When he gets a few games behind him he looks so composed. 

Great 2nd half , as said elsewhere, although KWP gave the ball away too much and Vestegaard got carried away after the Adams goal  and went on a Bekenbauer run into their half when Bertie was already there, leading to the big game they exploited for their 3rd. 

Good team performance, both CMs were excellent and the new guy looked good when he came on after the Romeu yellow. Tella showed some promise,  particularly when winning the ball back. 

Very good debut by Theo. I was happy at 3.2 with the Skate Mont being substituted, so 3 3 is jsut great, and well deserved. 

2 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Great point. 

Match thread posts while we were losing are as amusing as ever.

We were absolutely terrible when we were losing though, they were pummelling us. Credit where it's due, we turned it around 2nd half, but that first half performance should be confined to the bin!

17 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Is it fair to say that vestergaard has been half decent so far this season? 

Strangely Bedernek has taken the 'dodgy' centre half label so far this season. Jannik seems a bit stronger to me, but he still gets a bit over excited sometimes with the ball at his feet and it does scare me.

Up against a really quick and mobile attack he'd prob still struggle though. (I didn't really rate Chelsea's attack, even though the commentators were jizzing over it all game).

Edited by S-Clarke

11 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

. Nice to see us being professional after getting it back to 3-3.

10 minutes ago, sydney_saint said:

Lost my shit at Tella refusing to cross it in at the end. Vestegaard transformed this season. 

Edited 7 minutes ago by sydney_saint

Initially I was of the second opinion, but then I realised it was deliberate and probably under instruction - JWP also had the opportunity to cross. As it was we still managed another chance and when it came to the Chelsea goal kick it was after the extra time period was up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LaptopSaint said:

Was thinking exactly the same - would’ve been a cracking away day! Well played lads - good to see Theo back in the shirt!

There’s a lot of that going on, it seems like teams play with a lot more freedom without the psychological pressure of a stadium full of people. I know the butterfly effect and all that but it was such a shame Villa and Man Utd fans couldn’t see their games 2 weeks ago.

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

We were absolutely terrible when we were losing though, they were pummelling us. Credit where it's due, we turned it around 2nd half, but that first half performance should be confined to the bin!

I think against a team of £60m superstars there will always be a period of that.

4 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Strangely Bedernek has taken the 'dodgy' centre half label so far this season. Jannik seems a bit stronger to me, but he still gets a bit over excited sometimes with the ball at his feet and it does scare me.

Up against a really quick and mobile attack he'd prob still struggle though. (I didn't really rate Chelsea's attack, even though the commentators were jizzing over it all game).

No doubt he's improved though. I'd rather have him there at the moment than bednarek and Stephens. You're right though, the commentators were going mental over their players before they had even done anything. They played some good stuff in the first half but the goals themselves were more down to our poor play. 

3 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

Initially I was of the second opinion, but then I realised it was deliberate and probably under instruction - JWP also had the opportunity to cross. As it was we still managed another chance and when it came to the Chelsea goal kick it was after the extra time period was up.

Yeah you are right! At that stage my emotions were more rampant then they have been for a good long while whilst watching Saints and wanted blood!

1 minute ago, Suhari said:

Good game. Played well. We look decent again.

Happy with my £15 investment to watch that; better than a dodgy stream.

Can’t believe that they rip you off like that. We get all the games on DAZN for. CDN $150 for the year. About 100 pounds.