Villa vs Saints - Build Up

Lighthouse

17 hours ago, DT said:

Start with Redmond and then swap him for Theo after/if he starts being as bad as he was against Everton. Which was very bad.

Exaggeration. Theo was good. He grew into the game. with some dangerous runs on the break, and his cross led to the second goal.. Go to Specsavers.

Redmond's decision making and execution in the final third was pretty shit, but he was all right in general play and seemed to improve as the game wore on.

Personally, I thought Walcott played better against Chelsea than Armstrong did against Everton, so I'd be tempted to make that change - but we know Armstong is generally a solid performer week in week out, so it wouldn't be surprise if he kept his place.

I suppose the manager will weigh it up: would he rather have Walcott running at Matt Targett or Armstrong tracking back against Jack Grealish?

On 28/10/2020 at 14:17, eelpie said:

So why wouldn't they learn from heir mistakes and adjust. We would,

Why does David Luiz keep making the same mistakes over and over? Because he is just not that good of a defender. 

Its one thing knowing what went wrong, its another thing correcting it. 

54 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

Why does David Luiz keep making the same mistakes over and over? Because he is just not that good of a defender. 

Its one thing knowing what went wrong, its another thing correcting it. 

Couldn't agree more.  One of the long list of so called Prem superstars that "I wouldn't have in my team".  

9 hours ago, tajjuk said:

Off subject...DL is best in a Romeu role, just don't have him as the last line of your defence!! 😆

Feeling a bit uneasy with this one, normally do Villa but they are looking to bounce back and we may be overconfident...

2 hours ago, skintsaint said:

Off subject...DL is best in a Romeu role, just don't have him as the last line of your defence!! 😆

Feeling a bit uneasy with this one, normally do Villa but they are looking to bounce back and we may be overconfident...

I don’t think we’ll win either. Pattern this season seems to be a reverse of results from last season, lose to Palace away and spurs home having beaten them last year, Everton home etc, Villa are probably due a result against us. 

I’ve watched them a couple of times this season and impressed with Grealish and Watkins, going to be a handful. 

by the time we kick off likely we'll be back down to 10th in the table which should serve as a reminder not to be complacent. A win for us however could put us in a position where a win next Friday against Newcastle could put us top.....

Same result as last season in this fixture would be nice, the 3-1, but Villa are a different animal to the team we did the double over last season. Mind you, so are we in many ways. The home fixture last season was the game with the Che Adams last minute cross-field pass to Armstrong who bust a gut to score. He's been decent since.

I think we will get a draw here. Entertaining 2-2, with the same team as last week. (Villa are the spine of my Fantasy team too (Cash, Grealish, Watkins) so I guess there's a consolation if we get beat!)

Walcott back available, but too early for Djenepo, Salisu and Smallbone (who I didn't even realise was injured - in keeping with his general anonymity as a footballer).

Almost certainly unchanged. Walcott for Tella on the bench, I'd assume. Will N'Lundulu keep his spot in the matchday squad or is Obafemi back? Maybe both of them can make the bench and Long, who has been useless in every sub appearance so far, will be punted.

Is there something wrong with this thread. Nothing for 18 hours!

Villa are a different animal to last year. But then so were Everton. I have always liked Barclay as a player. Grealish is a special talent. Not sure we can keep them both quiet. 

57 minutes ago, BallBoy said:

Is there something wrong with this thread. Nothing for 18 hours!

Villa are a different animal to last year. But then so were Everton. I have always liked Barclay as a player. Grealish is a special talent. Not sure we can keep them both quiet. 

Most of the pre-match threads have been slow this season, I guess everyone's feeling a bit detached from the game as behind closed doors.

With a new national lockdown predicted to be coming into force next week it will be interesting to see if games get suspended again. PL chief doesn't expect it to "at the moment".

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SaintJackoInHurworth said:

If we win we will be in 3rd place straight after the match (or as mentioned above, 2nd if we win 5-0, etc.)

In addition, if we win then we will finish the gameweek in the top 5.

Thats what I'm hoping for to be at least 3rd after the match tomorrow :)

2-0 to us Ings and Walcott - COYR :)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Totton Saint said:

The weather will play a big part. Not good at the top of Scotland where I am on holiday. I read Severn Bridge closed down South

Birmingham at 12pm kickoff is forecast for...

- 14C

- 15 mph winds

- 6% chance of rain

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2655603

If that is an accurate forecast the weather isn't an issue at all.

Edited by Matthew Le God

• Jimmy_D locked and unpinned this topic