WBA vs Saints - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

2 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

Of course its his fault, managers are always to blame but he couldn't have coached them to be this bad surely, this shambolic effort by players is all their own work and they should apologise 

It’s not just the defence, it’s the whole team. The way we set up, we’re too open, to easy to play against. 

It’s absolutely the coaching that’s making us that bad. When we were compact against Chelsea, we defended well. 

• Like 2

Semi final line up needs to be;

Jankowitz

Jankowitz  Jankowitz   Jankowitz  Jankowitz

Jankowitz  Jankowitz   

Subs;

Manager;

Jankowitz  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I think we now have the worst defence in the league.

Close but our plucky defenders have only conceded 56, they've conceded 59. 

Absolute shambles , can't just blame defensive,  our midfield won zero 50/50s and provided no protection, far too soft. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harry_SFC said:

JWP and Walcott were diabolical tonight and the others weren't far behind. Thought Armstrong was our only decent player and Djenepo looked lively.

For me, Ralph has one game to save his job. 

He'd clearly be fine with being sacked (and paid). 

Just now, captainchris said:

Even throw ins have not been addressed ! Pathetic 

We have always been the worst team in the league at throw ins they are pathetic.

That was truly diabolical against a side who have won four games all season.

Wonder what bullshit will be trotted out after the game, probably we will learn from this but you never do you shower of shit

Shockingly bad. Shocking. 11 defeats out of last 14. We've conceded 3 goals or more 10 times this season - did I hear that right? The way we were 'not up' for that game from the outset was enough to seriously question if Ralph has it in him to motivate this team - or build a defence. Starting with the goalkeeper - neither Foster or McCarthy are in the top 80% of Premier League goalies IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Behind Enemy Lines said:

Jankowitz

Jankowitz  Jankowitz   

Subs;

Manager;

Jankowitz  

We'd have no players or manager after the first minute as they'd all be in the bath... 😝

Seriously that was wank. The swear filter was not replaced for nights like this. WANK. That has to go down as one of the worst performances of the season. Sell Ings, sell JWP, sell anyone worth any money at all and rebuild the squad. 

Now let's go and win the cup. 🤪

Bad day at the office, one team full of confidence and fighting for their lives, another playing for nothing and minds on the cup. Felt like a traditional end of the season game where midtable sides are on the beach, sloppy and lazy in a lot of ways. Looked a lot better in the second which is a positive but damage was done by then unfortunately. Bednarek is my main worry, has looked bad for months now.

• Like 2

Fair play to Maitland-Niles. He didn't want to come here and be back up full back for our rabble because he wanted to play in his preferred position in midfield.

Took the absolute piss out of our midfield today. Good decision by the lad, I guess.

• Like 3

The semi-final could be embarrassing, once the 2nd goal goes in (circa 15 minutes) the floodgates could open.

Theres been too many shit shows for RH to be considered a good manager I'm afraid, although I think Pep would struggle with this squad.

I am stunned by how poor we were today against the team 19th in the league.

Ralph has looked utterly lost for weeks now. Disconnected from what is happening on the pitch.

I think we'll survive (hope) given the gap. But I think it's time for new ideas and a new defence in the summer.

Not sure there is even any point watching the game on Sunday. Can only see further humiliation and long standing records broken.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Behind Enemy Lines said:

Jankowitz

Jankowitz  Jankowitz   

Subs;

Manager;

Jankowitz  

If it goes to penalties we'll be unbeatable.

1 minute ago, TWar said:

Bad day at the office, one team full of confidence and fighting for their lives, another playing for nothing and minds on the cup. Felt like a traditional end of the season game where midtable sides are on the beach, sloppy and lazy in a lot of ways. Looked a lot better in the second which is a positive but damage was done by then unfortunately. Bednarek is my main worry, has looked bad for months now.

Fuck me, being top for 1 game really has given you false faith in Ralph, hasn’t it 😃

Not a bad day at the office a regular day at the office.

2 minutes ago, qwertyell said:

Fair play to Maitland-Niles. He didn't want to come here and be back up full back for our rabble because he wanted to play in his preferred position in midfield.

Took the absolute piss out of our midfield today. Good decision by the lad, I guess.

Agree, although not a hard job to do that.