Guido Carrillo - Official: Free Transfer to Elche

Mr X

£5m striker at best. We overpaid for him, there's no doubt about that. He's still a useful lump to have up top but I can't see him scoring many. The money should have gone elsewhere (possibly getting that Promes deal over the line?).

Did you see much of him before he came here? I'd never heard of him.

I think he has been good at holding the ball up and bringing others into play. I think if we had a lot of attacking talent (eg Mane) playing off of him, he'd be perfect. Unfortunately, he's come in at a time when we need goals and that's not really his game.

That said, I think he's more useful up top on his own in our system than Long or Gabbi.

£5m striker at best. We overpaid for him, there's no doubt about that. He's still a useful lump to have up top but I can't see him scoring many. The money should have gone elsewhere (possibly getting that Promes deal over the line?).

Is there such thing as a 5m striker these days - unless you mean someone who should never even be on the bench in the prem.

He seems closer to a 20m striker to me, but that’s not saying much.

Excellent assist for Tadic today. Need time to settle, having had no pre season in England. I can remember morons booing Pelle against WBA in his first home game.

Good assist, not an excellent one. If anything he should have kept the ball down and got more pace on it. As it was, it gave krychowiak an opportunity to cut the ball out but he whiffed on it.

Was at both the West Brom games and got to say at the moment he doesn't look like a £19m striker or someone who is going to bang in the goals to keep us up. It's early days so hopefully I'm wrong. Still think if Gabbiadini had been given a run if starts we'd be further up the table.

I don’t think it would be any different. Gabbiadini doesn’t suit 1 up top. Unless we change our formation he is best on the bench in my opinion. Nice to see sims come on and offer / show us some direct pace and not afraid to take on his man. Unlike redmond

Time will tell but we clearly benefit from a more physical threat to play off up top.

Looks willing too and has had a few moments of quality. Some step from Ligue 1 to prem too in terms of intensity, physicality and quality so he may take time to start to show more of his own ability.

Obviously really early days... but i don't see anything there that is better than what we already had, a few good tackles & an assist but in terms of football skill would you rate him better than giabiadini?

Given that the problem has always been the lack of supply to the striker I'm not even sure why anyone would think there would be any difference. He's basically a slightly taller Gabbiadini with all the same "no-one passes to me" problems, and he hasn't had Redmond popping through balls in for him like Gabbiadini had for the first month before we reverted to type and went back to playing it wide every single time.

Given that the problem has always been the lack of supply to the striker I'm not even sure why anyone would think there would be any difference. He's basically a slightly taller Gabbiadini with all the same "no-one passes to me" problems, and he hasn't had Redmond popping through balls in for him like Gabbiadini had for the first month before we reverted to type and went back to playing it wide every single time.

This. But Gabbiadini is probably better...and I don't rate him either

I did put my own post about him very early on saying hes just a younger version of say Austin even after 10 mins or so in the F.A.Cup against Watford .Got slatted for my opinion and you know what ,its still remains the same .

Over paid for our club history record signing ,hope im wrong but our next record signing if were in this league next season had better be better,otherwise were just buying over the odds bang average players for the sake of spending too much money.

Imagine the moaning if we didn't but him after we were linked with him, the football elite on here would have elevated him to a player we should not had let go, people would have been saying Les should have thrown some money at it etc. We get him in after being forced to throw some money at it and now people are moaning we paid too much, Les had his pants taken down whah whah whah. So many contrarians and wannabe contrarians on this forum.

We also have the classic he would be ok if we paid £5m for him, what the **** is that all about. So you think he is not good enough but you would be ok with him bringing his 'limited abilities' to the squad if he was cheaper. Makes no sense.

Only time will tell if he is good enough, three games isn't enough.