• Hat trick
    • Injured in the warm up
    • Subbed off after 20 minutes, Dia style
    • Sent off
    • Another own goal
    • False teeth fall out screaming for a handball against Patricio
    • Meteorite hits Shropshire. Match abandoned

1 hour ago, Chris cooper said:

Probably cos the fans pay huge ticket prices to watch players play .. they invest in them so it stands to reason if your paying big bucks to watch a team  every week you want some info on how bad the players injury or in this case mental state if he’s fit in body and mind to play or not ..

We'll agree to differ. No sensible person should feel that sensitive information about a footballer should be made public just because they are a paying fan. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

I give a lot of this situation the benefit of the doubt — but, not getting B-Team minutes when he was seemingly fit is, to me, one of the strangest parts.

That’s the bit I find odd too. He was fit enough to be on the bench half a dozen time but no b game time at all and now injured again is very strange

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

That’s the bit I find odd too. He was fit enough to be on the bench half a dozen time but no b game time at all and now injured again is very strange

Also Ralph said that players sitting on bench are more prone to muscle injuries plus the hydro therapy facilities at staplewood are out of bounds currently which is adding to the issue. Can't fathom why he didn't play for B team to reduce the risk of muscle injuries. 

1 hour ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

Also Ralph said that players sitting on bench are more prone to muscle injuries plus the hydro therapy facilities at staplewood are out of bounds currently which is adding to the issue. Can't fathom why he didn't play for B team to reduce the risk of muscle injuries. 

Please explain how that would work...

1 minute ago, 23rdSaint said:

From 8 mins: 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p094xq72

Salisu had a known medical condition when we signed him, wasn't projected to be in the squad until October, now has an injury. Can we all stop speculating now and put this to bed?

I guess if they'd been that transparent up front then people wouldn't have speculated?

1 hour ago, 23rdSaint said:

From 8 mins: 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p094xq72

Salisu had a known medical condition when we signed him, wasn't projected to be in the squad until October, now has an injury. Can we all stop speculating now and put this to bed?

I don't know why everyone got their knickers in a twist because it was pretty obvious this was the issue with what LeG has said on numerous occasions. Glad MS has cleared it up for those who were dying to know. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

That's good enough for me. They only had to say so when they signed him. 

They clearly have a huge amount of faith that he'll come good to spend a large chunk of last summer's transfer budget on someone who may not make a single appearance until next season.

Agree.

No one wanted to know about his personal issues, just when he was able to play. When we signed Bednarek, for a relatively equivalent sum at the time, club were open about when he would be integrated in to the first team, so why the secrecy now? Just give an honest update without any personal stuff (e.g. if someone is not mentally sound, than just call it an injury and not specify). Having him on the bench for a few games without any reserve games is just nuts.

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, SaintJackoInHurworth said:

He is on the bench today. With Vestergarrd starting and unlikely to last 90 minutes, might we finally see him come on for a few minutes at the end of today's game?

Maybe if we're a couple of goals down and the game is essentially over.  Can't see such a gamble if we're holding on for the win/draw.

13 hours ago, EBS1980 said:

Wonder why he hasn’t been given any game time with the B team though 🤷🏻‍♂️

This one genuinely stumps me, in that if he's fit enough to be on a Premier League bench he's fit enough to get some game time there as well.

Are there any specific rules that exist to prevent this? I seem to recall that changes were made to make the reserve team and staff to follow RH's style of play and ethos, so would it not be of benefit to him?

6 minutes ago, Fatboy40 said:

This one genuinely stumps me, in that if he's fit enough to be on a Premier League bench he's fit enough to get some game time there as well.

Are there any specific rules that exist to prevent this? I seem to recall that changes were made to make the reserve team and staff to follow RH's style of play and ethos, so would it not be of benefit to him?

No rules to prevent it.  Diallo played for them a little while ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beatlesaint said:

He hasn't played one single minute for Southampton at any level of football yet has he ?

Yet hes been fit enough to sit on the subs bench for a fairly lengthy spell back in December....

The lack of any match action, esp B team is just plain odd 

Exactly.  Would we normally drop somebody into a first team match who hasn’t played for several months?

14 hours ago, EBS1980 said:

I'm not convinced he's fit yet and that he's sat on the bench to be around the match day squad / pr / to fill the bench. 

I could be way off, but if he was fit to play football, then he'd be playing B team football. 

14 hours ago, EBS1980 said:

To be fair there haven't been any opportunities. Apart from Sunday (when he was presumably still away with the 1st team) there has only been 1 B team game since the beginning of December, and he wasn't back in training before that one (West Ham on 29th Jan).

• Lighthouse changed the title to Mohammed Salisu - Official: Signs for Monaco