Southampton 0-1 Leicester - Match Thread

Matthew Le God

That was particularly bad.

We must be the worst team in the entire world chasing a game.

The big players didn't show up, simple as. 

Centre backs played well; defensively we were decent. Other than Armstrong, the attacking players were really, really poor.

1 minute ago, Jimmy_D said:

Damn.

We gave it a go at least.

Hard to stomach losing to a goal where the striker fucked it up that much and got that lucky.

We created the square root of fuck all though. Just a wimpering pile of shite trying to cling on like a league one team against Premier League. FUCK OFF THEN>

Gutless. Never turned up, took absolutely zero risk and were just content to make sure we didn't take a hammering. I'd rather we'd lost 2 or 3 nil and had some efforts on goal than that sterile shit. Fuming at that pathetic display in a semi-final of the FA Cup. 

• Like 2

Just now, Sheaf Saint said:

The really annoying thing is that, as bad as we were, the goal that won it was so poor and pretty much a fluke.

Pony.

Bednarek takes him out and that doesn’t go in. That’s not bad luck, that’s pathetic lack of professionalism. Bunch of flicking pansies. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Absolutely shocking performance. No ideas, hardly any impetus or attacking play in an FA Cup semi final. Manager makes one change from a dire performance against WBA and then waits until the 83rd minute to change formation. 

Disgrace. 

The team and manager are very lucky they don't have to face fans in the stadium. 

Just now, Lord Duckhunter said:

Pony.

Bednarek takes him out and that doesn’t go in. That’s not bad luck, that’s pathetic lack of professionalism. Bunch of flicking pansies. 

Yep, Bednarek could have stopped that but Vestergaard and Bertrand then left Iheanacho. Piss poor from all 3.

• Like 1

That was Leicesters easiest game so far this season. The difference in class was huge and Leicester are not that special. Timid, tepid and tame. My description of Saints today. 

Edited by Norm

Typical semi final, lucky bounce settled it. I imagine the Xg would be o.1 for both sides.

Dialo mom for us, coped well after his booking for a foul that 4 Leicester players did straight after and didn't  get  booked for.

• Confused 2

To think some clowns were comparing JWP free kicks to Ronaldo, saying his were better. As I pointed out at the t8me, it’s when you take them and how important they are. You can bet your life CR would have put that last second one on the money. Prowse wet his pants and bottled it. Sums him and the club up. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, spyinthesky said:

We are a less than average team with less than average players.

Dont blame the Manager.

He can only work within a limited transfer fund.

Those responsible are those who spunked away the Van Dyke money

Part of me agrees with this. It wasnt even seeing the gulf in class between the two starting 11s. Did you see their bloody bench compared to us !!

Looking at the goal again Bertrand and Vest were done by some SERIOUSLY good movement from Ihanaecho (sp). He STEPPED BACK SLIGHTLY AWAY FROM THE GOAL. There ain't a defender in world football capable of countering that kind of movement. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, spyinthesky said:

Dont blame the Manager.

Most teams work with a limited transfer budget. Doesnt mean you put zero effort in for the last 4 months. Unacceptable performances. I can't see where the players are with ralph anymore. As much as I blame the players we can't sack them so we must sack ralph instead. If nothing changes we are down next season.

Reminded me of the performance against Chelsea in the last FAC semi final we were in. The free kick delivery on 94 minutes summed us up, last roll of the dice and Ward Prowse skies it over everyone.

What a dull uninspiring team we have become, looks like we are back to the bad old days again.

Another gutless performance in a long line of gutless performances. Can take losing if we give it a go but we just cruised through that like it was a friendly.

Zero shots on target sums us up.

Whole club needs a big clear out. Can't wait for this season to be over.

• Like 1

So many people talking like Leicester dominated us but it simply isn't true. Cagey game with few chances settled by a fluke goal. We had a couple of chances where it was bobbling round in the box too and we didn't get the rub of the green. Don't think we were outplayed, it was 50/50 and we were unfortunate. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, spyinthesky said:

Dont blame the Manager.

He can get them up for a semi final, it’s his responsibility. Spineless bunch of cunts, with the Teflon manager. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stknowle said:

We created the square root of fuck all though. Just a wimpering pile of shite trying to cling on like a league one team against Premier League. FUCK OFF THEN>

We restricted them to the square root of feck all as well.

Their only shot on target came from the luckiest ricochet I’ve seen all season.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, spyinthesky said:

Dont blame the Manager.

Sorry don't buy that you motivate whatever players you have available and quit moaning! We were not motivated or fired up to give 100% today we barely gave 50% the manager is at least half to blame for that! 

Edited by Mr X
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, stknowle said:

Looking at the goal again Bertrand and Vest were done by some SERIOUSLY good movement from Ihanaecho (sp). He STEPPED BACK SLIGHTLY AWAY FROM THE GOAL. There ain't a defender in world football capable of countering that kind of movement. 

He also got lucky in that his shot was going wide hit Vestergaard and went straight back to him. Doesn’t take away the fact that we deserved to lose, it was a pathetic performance, how the fuck can you play in a semi and not even muster a single shot on target.

Their goal came from a fluke and not much to suggest they were a better team, however Saints were terrible...very, very negative football and to have so few chances on goal in an FA Cup Semi is tantamount to criminal!  I don’t think Ralph has got what it takes to be a successful manager at Saints unfortunately now. Thank fook I didn’t pay to watch that!!,

• Like 1

Just now, TWar said:

So many people talking like Leicester dominated us but it simply isn't true. Cagey game with few chances settled by a fluke goal. We had a couple of chances where it was bobbling round in the box too and we didn't get the rub of the green. Don't think we were outplayed, it was 50/50 and we were unfortunate. 

We had 0 shots on target.

As Rio said the players should wake up tomorrow regretting they didn’t give their all. God, I dread to think how poor their attitude needs to be before the cult accept we’re shocking. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

In fairness, I thought Leicester were pretty poor themselves. Neither team played well, they just got lucky.

This. Shame to lose a game of tight margins to a crappy goal like that - but then we need to get a shot on target to score. We did not play that badly, Ralph made the right subs - I understand the disappointment and frustration but let's get some perspective here and stop abusing the team, the manager and each other. Let's beat Tottenham and finish the season strongly.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1