Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

1 hour ago, revolution saint said:

So we've been linked with or some people would like us to sign: Pope, Mee, Tarkowski, Brownhill, Dwight McNeil and Cornet.  It's a wonder they ever got relegated.  Has someone mentioned Sean Dyche as a replacement for Ralph?

I smell agent/club needing to offload. Can’t see this being in line with the other links and Brownhill didn’t exactly stand out whereas Cornet did and affordable release fee. McNeil yes but still on a long-ish contract isn’t he? We need a bit more express pace and strength in the 10 areas IMHO although with a lot more ability on the ball than Tella. McNeil satisfies the latter but a change of pace rather than out and out quick.

1 hour ago, revolution saint said:

Yeah, I fucking hate it when teams stay up just because they scored more goals, or won more games than the relegated teams.  Makes a mockery of the game we all love.

I honestly don’t understand your response, why would I hate Saints staying up? For the avoidance of doubt was just pointing out that the margins were very fine and some of Burnley’s team would improve our team, am I wrong? Is Pope not superior to McCarthy as one example? If Burnley had a stand out performer like JWP would they have been relegated?

2 hours ago, revolution saint said:

So we've been linked with or some people would like us to sign: Pope, Mee, Tarkowski, Brownhill, Dwight McNeil and Cornet.  It's a wonder they ever got relegated.  Has someone mentioned Sean Dyche as a replacement for Ralph?

I was going to say something similar. How did they go down? They murdered us at their place....

Weghorst has been mentioned too, although I don't think many Burnley fans were impressed come the end of the season. Cork has been mentioned on here at least once since they went down.

You can certainly add Nathan Collins to that list, as he's one that I've mentioned a few times.

Is Connor Roberts any good? Cracking goal against us, but not really seen him myself. 

Almost a full team...

Pope

Roberts Mee Tarkoski Collins

Cork Brownhill McNeil

Weghorst Cornet

40 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

I honestly don’t understand your response, why would I hate Saints staying up? For the avoidance of doubt was just pointing out that the margins were very fine and some of Burnley’s team would improve our team, am I wrong? Is Pope not superior to McCarthy as one example? If Burnley had a stand out performer like JWP would they have been relegated?

The margins weren't that fine. Burnley were shit all season apart from a short post-Dyche bounce (when the divs on here all decided they would go on to win every single game they played - no wins in their last four)

They were never anywhere near us at any point.

You can turn your nose up at our "fluke" Arsenal win, but don't you think Burnley may have got a few scrappy points or flukey wins in their 35 point season, or was every single point brilliantly earned by mighty Burnley because they were just so fantastic all season?

If that was us you'd be fuming, not drooling over how great they are.

49 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

95% of Newcastle fans creaming themselves over a player they've probably never seen play. Hope hes another Lovren - looks excellent with Fonte beside him,  but then moves to another club and gets exposed

17 minutes ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

Those who are clamouring for Liam Delap to sign - he couldn't even get off the bench for England u19's tonight. Premiership ready - very unlikely.  

You are basing whether he is ready for the premier league because he didn't play for England this evening?

Great thing we have scouts then isn't It...

8 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

You are basing whether he is ready for the premier league because he didn't play for England this evening?

Let me correct you - Not England, England u19's. Wasn't even used as 1 of 5 subs (3 of which were strikers).  Keep happy clapping 👏 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

Those who are clamouring for Liam Delap to sign - he couldn't even get off the bench for England u19's tonight. Premiership ready - very unlikely.  

1 hour ago, SaintsFan86 said:

58 minutes ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

Let me correct you - Not England, England u19's. Wasn't even used as 1 of 5 subs (3 of which were strikers).  Keep happy clapping 👏 

Perhaps you should stop calling it the Premiership. It hasn't been called that for circa 15 years!

Do you know the reason why Delap didn't feature in the game?

Edited by Matthew Le God

4 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

#SaintsSummerLinkedStrikerWatch

I'll be keeping an eye on him - Jarrod Bowenesque. 21 with a lot of potential. Could be a good signing for Brentford if he has the same impact Bowen has had for West Ham. "Leading the race" though - just means they've put the first offer in. 

3 hours ago, SambaMaverick said:

Feels like a big week in the window for all the cogs to start moving. Hopefully Leeds getting paid will give us the kick up the arse we need.

The end of contracts will be a big thing this week but I do hope we have an attacking signing up our sleeve. I wonder whether we'll see Longy released...

1 hour ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

More reason to offer him some first team football. Besides we need two strikers - him plus a big signing would strengthen the attack no end - and then we hope he comes good like Broja did last season if the "big" signing flops like Adam Armstrong!

11 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Good to see he is already used to wearing a sportbet.io. shirt

Hopefully he’ll be full of self righteous indignation about wearing a gambling company on his shirt and refuse to sign for us. It’s what a lot of our fans would want 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

I saw a West Ham fan the other day questioning JWP’s ability for similar reasons

11 hours ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

You know delap has been injured for a lot of this season - foster has been playing differing formations in each game so has been picking based on that.

Tottenham lad looks like he is currently in possession of shirt and is performing so fairplay. 

I wouldnt read too much into age group performances otherwise we should be creaming ourselves about lyanco as he came 2nd best player in the toulon tournament.

15 hours ago, Wade Garrett said:

From that list, I would say they would all probably walk into our first team.

lol no they wouldn't, Pope would and that is about it IMO and we've just signed a keeper anyway who could end up being much much better than Pope. 

Newcastle United to announce signing of Southampton sensation in 'coming days' 

"Newcastle have picked up a 16-year-old Southampton boy on £6,500-per-week"

https://www.footballinsider247.com/expert-newcastle-united-to-announce-signing-of-southampton-sensation-in-coming-days/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1656493315

Wonder who this is 👀 

Man City this season > Chelsea last season

Very #Saintsy.  I didn’t think we’d get him on a permanent, either.  Shields’ influence  must’ve helped us (& might continue to help us) even before he joins.

- Still pleased to see us signing players in a lovely ascending order 😄.

- Also, worth noting it still gives us a loan option from City (Delap / McAtee etc) 

10 minutes ago, DT said:

Big kudos to management to sorting key spine positions in a timely manner. Feels good.

Time will tell if the new spine of our side is any good or not. None of them have played in the premier league before, all are very young and inexperienced. Could be fantastic signings, may be not. No one knows!
For sure though, they need to be good enough to be starting our first game, because we need first team starters not ones for the future….

If next season starts with any of Bednarek, Redmond, McCarthy, Moi, Long, Lyanco, Stephens in the starting 11 we have failed this summer with recruitment!
🤞we have chosen wisely

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ldnsaint said:

Newcastle United to announce signing of Southampton sensation in 'coming days' 

"Newcastle have picked up a 16-year-old Southampton boy on £6,500-per-week"

https://www.footballinsider247.com/expert-newcastle-united-to-announce-signing-of-southampton-sensation-in-coming-days/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1656493315

Wonder who this is 👀 

Could this be Tyler Dibling perhaps? He did bang in a hat trick against their B team this season. Whoever it is, it will be a shame to lose a promising youngster following on from the defender who went to City last year and Beach who has just left for Chelsea 

I have absolutely no issue is losing 16 year olds if they’re being offered that kind of money as a basic salary. Assuming he’s not on the verge of the first team, if we competed with that it would set a bad precedent. 

Edit: Pretty sure there is a cap on wages at 16 actually so would assume that offer is from when they are 17. 

Edited by Fabrice29