Saints 2-0 Everton - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

1 hour ago, JRM said:

According to Everton forum the team is due to fly 4pm this afternoon 

Post in thread 'Southampton v Everton.  February 19th. 3pm' https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/southampton-v-everton-february-19th-3pm.114524/post-9429205

Not everyone was brave enough to fly. I've been told by my spy in the camp (who isn't travelling with them) that quite a few have opted to drive down instead.

4 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Not everyone was brave enough to fly. I've been told by my spy in the camp (who isn't travelling with them) that quite a few have opted to drive down instead.

Few beers on the way, bit like the old days. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, suewhistle said:

Well, I've just been watching some live streaming of landings at Heathrow, runway 27L. I seem to have been saying "**** me" quite a few times. The A380 from Dubai was impressive (after 2 go-arounds). The Newcastle flight also had to as well. Maybe they'll drive!  Quite a number of trees down in my area including an oak 200 yards away: that's my woodburner sorted for a few years..

Interesting, in the company I fly for, if we perform two go-arounds due to weather, we can’t try a third time unless there’s been a major change in the conditions. 

Glad I have a day off today though! 

Trains are running from Chichester to Southampton with a few changes and cancellations so getting to the game shouldn't be a problem, although I don't know what it's like further East. The wind will make the game interesting... My game tomorrow has 50+mph winds forecast so goal kicks will be fun, they don't go very far at the best of times!

We've not kept a clean sheet in 13 games and Richarlison seems to always score against us, so I think we'll need at least two goals to win this. Everton are crap away from home and whilst they have had a couple of decent results, overall they have still been pretty bad. 

3 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

Trains are running from Chichester to Southampton with a few changes and cancellations so getting to the game shouldn't be a problem, although I don't know what it's like further East. The wind will make the game interesting... My game tomorrow has 50+mph winds forecast so goal kicks will be fun, they don't go very far at the best of times!

It shouldn’t be too bad, around 20mph or force 4. It will be raining though.

Edited by Whitey Grandad

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints vs Everton - Match Thread
6 hours ago, Jessinkalasin said:

2-2 draw today, assuming the game gets played. In light of recent reasons to postpone games, I can se Everton getting it called off as they are shaken up from their arduous journey.

Are you really in Kalasin?

1 hour ago, trousers said:

We're due a defeat...

Saints 1 Everton 2

This is my feeling too. Miserable weather combined with the new manager bounce for Everton. Plus Ralf doesn’t have a good result history against Lampard. I’m not expecting a favourable result today but would love to be wrong. 

• Like 3

I'd like to think we are a better team than Everton at the moment however saints being saints expect anything! If we can turn up and put them under pressure straight away we should be fine, I don't predict a clean  sheet though it's not our style! 

Just now, miserableoldgit said:

Yes......interesting though that Ralph said that everyone apart from those we already knew about were OK in his presser.

Could be anything since then. Tested positive this morning, come down with flu, tripped over and twisted his ankle on his way to the car. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 2-0 Everton - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic