Swansea 2-3 Saints - Match Thread

Lighthouse

Just now, nta786 said:

I didn’t think that was a yellow card or a foul. It’s a contact sport ffs he barely laid a finger on him.

I think the foul on its own would have been fine. 

Can't put your arm on someone like that when you are already booked. Should have just let him run through and miss.

• Like 2

Saints need to finish some of this excellent approach play, should be 2 or 3 up. Daft challenge from Valery on Barry White.  As an aside the appalling BBC commentary appears to be provided  by the Swansea Car park stewards and burger bar staff - niche. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, The Cat said:

Can't put your arm on someone like that when you are already booked. Should have just let him run through and miss.

O’bafemi was nowhere close to getting to the ball, it went straight through to Forster.

Dopey defending, two yellows inside 30 minutes when your team has been in the ascendancy ffs.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, obelisk said:

Valery you stupid twat

Club need to ring St Etienne on Monday and get that loan sorted out for him to go. Free transfer if they want to take him full time if Yann waives any pay off. If RH needs cover in that area we can bring a right sided loan in now. Brentford delighted for Tuesday day now with Saints having to play for 60 minutes with 10 men. Regretting not being more clinical with those chances. 

Manager has criticised Salisu for not following instructions v Spurs in not letting the keeper save, next game the bonehead does the same thing and far from certain Obafemi even gets to the ball unlike Son who would have been 1-1 with Fraser. Last game Valery plays for us I reckon. 

Edited by saint1977

Just now, LGTL said:

Obafemi with his usual shit touch but Valery just couldn’t help himself 

it was a shit touch, but I guess his pace contributed. Valery misjudged the ball over his head. Lack of games an issue maybe?

2 minutes ago, nta786 said:

Commentator -  “I bet he [JWP] hasn’t played there [right back] too many times”

These lot have done no research

These commentators don't know what there on about. Confused Valery with tella earlier too.

• Like 1

Just now, Lighthouse said:

So don’t do it. He’s on a yellow and nowhere near the ball, which has already run away to the ‘keeper.

Have you never nearly bumped into someone and held your hand out as a buffer? It's an instinctual reaction, and there is absolutely no way there was enough contact to affect Obafemi in any way at all. Ref was conned.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, nta786 said:

Commentator -  “I bet he [JWP] hasn’t played there [right back] too many times”

These lot have done no research

Yes, but at least they can't confused valery and tella anymore. They also said we had a midfielder at left back straight after saying about JWP playing at right back. Terrible 

Edited by Saint86

Valery was gradually working is way back into Ralph's good books, despite some reservations, but that might remove him from the reckoning.

No big problem with the second yellow, but I think refs need to be a bit more tolerant before showing the first. With good refs a word in the ear is just as effective as a yellow, and it doesn't spoil games.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Swansea 2-3 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic