Bournemouth 0-1 Saints - Match Thread

whelk

1 minute ago, DT said:

Really terrible. What’s happened to him?

Low on confidence? Loss of form? Take your pick I guess. If he was a 9/10 player every week he wouldn't still be at Saints. 

His form and confidence will return. Probably trying everything to regain both but sometimes that can be part of the problem too. 

Has to be said that was a good/tough battling performance from the team. Especially given the injuries and low confidence. Rode our luck a bit but made good subs to turn the game around and deal with the injury to kwp, had far and away the better chances and really should have scored another 2 at least.

Che, perraud, salisu and bazunu all did really well from the starters. Stu added a lot when he came on. Car looks decent. 

Hopefully the injury to kwp isn't too bad. 

Hopefully we can use this as a springboard, but eitherway, we have arsenal next and this is a much needed 3 points!

COYRs.

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 2

Terrible game and management again but a very welcome 3 points. Adams absolutely bossed the Bournemouth players. Pleased for Bazunu who finally gets a clean sheet even after a mistake near the end. Confidence of this win will help the players.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Wow. Saints fans actually get a decent chant going for Djenepo to "wonderwall" and then drown it out with "ohhhh moussa Djenepo"

It's a shit chant because it's based on a horrific song and I hope we sell him in January so I don't have to listen to it again.

• Haha 1

Wow, three points. 

Overall a pretty horrid performance, but some encouraging signs at least. The game management towards the end was surprisingly good.

Che is very important to the team, there's a huge difference when he's playing well. His hold up play is superb.

Much needed, well done lads 👍

• Like 3

• Lighthouse changed the title to Bournemouth 0-1 Saints - Match Thread

That was pretty pathetic. Especially in the 2nd half where for the bulk of it we contrived to avoid having the ball.

Fortunate that we came against a championship standard team.

S. Armstrong was excellent when he came on. Surely there has to be a place for his quality on the ball in the starting xi.

Adams MOM. Worked extremely hard, got his goal. He's no Ings/Lambert but he's a solid premier league attacker and has to play 90 minutes if fit until we invest properly there.

No clue what we'll do without KWP. Larios looked lost when he came on. I don't fancy seeing Elyounessi play there again. A decent team would have exploited him more than once.

• Like 2

What a much needed win, with a fucking terrible performance.  Daylight robbery really, we were that bad.

I will say, the players left everything out there, but we are going to get absolutely rinsed by Arsenal.

Adams MoM, Perruad good as was Salisu.

Stuart Armstrong never starts, which is incredible really

Ralph OUT

• Like 2