Noodles34

MotM?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. MotM?

• Nobody
    • NOBODY, BUT IN CAPITALS
    • Niemand, aber auf Deutsch

15 minutes ago, BotleySaint said:

Time for SR to hold up their hands and admit it was a mistake.

Now is the perfect time to bring in a new man and some new players and set it right.

It literally is too late in my opinion. They fucked up their one chance.

Edited by Sunglasses Ron
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Saint86 said:

Some fans still trying to defend sacking Ralph. Going to have to wear that for a long long while!

You mean the guy who lead us to one of the worst win records in the calendar year 2022? That guy?

Getting rid of Ralph earlier would have been more sensible.

• Like 10

Just now, Saint NL said:

Absolutely disgraceful performance.

Not much more you can say. I hope the club fire this clown tonight.

Yeah let's sack another manager. Wake up its the players. They don't give a fuck and haven't for 2 years. Why do the players get an easy ride every week. Fans should be at the training ground pelting them with rocks. Roma fans have the right idea.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CB Fry said:

You mean the guy who lead us to one of the worst win records in the calendar year 2022? That guy?

90 out of 92 remember. 0.8 points per game or something desperate like that

I've always been an optimist (foolhardy stance for a Saints supporter, I know) but I now can't see us avoiding relegation this season. Never thought I'd hear myself say that before the halfway stage of the season. Looks like the broken clock brigade will get to play their "told you so" cards this year. 

• Sad 2

One thing i'll give for us being on a downward spiral since 2017, it at least makes me not regret missing so much football thanks to family life. Thanks to the new regime I know i'm not missing anything worthwhile at all. 

Edited by Colinjb
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

That was beyond awful. 

Wrong lineup, wrong shape, wrong tactics, no ideas, no effort, no skill, no chances to score. But we got a bunch of dogs running around with torches before kickoff!

Simplify that wrong manager, buck stops with him for this omni shambles yes we aren’t world beaters but he has successfully made us much much worse than we were under Ralph.  We look like a pub team playing the European champions!

1 minute ago, Streaky said:

Yeah let's sack another manager. Wake up its the players. They don't give a fuck and haven't for 2 years. Why do the players get an easy ride every week. Fans should be at the training ground pelting them with rocks. Roma fans have the right idea.

Yes.  Lets do exactly that.

• Like 1

We have had some lows since our return to the Premier League. But this is by far the worst.

We've even managed to break our record run of defeats with 6 in a row. Even back in the 90's we didn't manage that.

Can see that stretching a lot further.

Squad is weakest we've had for years. No quality. No real desire.

We've got basically a youth team keeper in goal... Pretty much no chance of survival just 20 more painful games to watch and a chance to get the record for being furthest adrift of safety award come the end of the season.

Edited by BotleySaint

1 minute ago, Streaky said:

I would have agreed with you a few days ago, but that was horrendous tonight. Yes the players are spineless twats, but a shape/style of play which cant even muster a shot on target against the team with the worst away record in the league, thats all on NJ. Totally unacceptable, as is the selection of Lyanco. I'd take Bednarek back in a heartbeat if it meant not seeing that brazilian prick again....and thats saying something

• Like 1

This is insane - 5 at the back hoof ball with a bunch of midgets.

Jones has to go and go now.  Never, ever is this going to work - and wtf with Ely, A Armstrong et al all continuing to play when we have youngsters from the Academy that could not do any worse whatsoever.

This club is rotten to the core

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Streaky said:

It’s not entirely NJs fault. I agree. The common denominator is this awful group of bottlejobs weve collated. 

Let's not beat around the bush here. Forest were utter fucking garbage, and showed exactly why their away record is so bad, and we just gifted them a win.

Customary brain-fart from Lyanco gifts them a goal, and our pathetic excuse for an 'attack' can't muster a single shot on target. I can't think of an expletive strong enough to describe how pitiful that was to watch.

I really wanted to give Jones a chance to settle and give him some time to prove himself worthy of being given the job, but I can't defend what I'm seeing with my own eyes. There's no plan, no style, and no fight whatsoever in this team. Not one of the players understands where they are supposed to be, there's no cohesion, no movement, no running the channels (not that any of our AMs would have the vision to play the right ball anyway) and we're just so fucking easy to defend against.

Sorry Nathan. You need to go before you do even more damage. You are quite literally out of your league. SR - do the right thing and admit you made a horrible mistake hiring him. Not that sacking him now will save us anyway. You can't have 3 managers in a season and expect to stay up. Watford have proved that, and so did we in 04/05.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

Some fans still trying to defend sacking Ralph. Going to have to wear that for a long long while!

Why do people keep trotting out this non sequitur? I used to give Ralph the benefit of the doubt, possibly more than one time too often, but even I knew it was time for him to step down. Just because we've seemingly employed someone worse doesn't render the decision to part company with the previous incumbent wrong per se. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Quite.  I struggle to understand why some people think that if you’re of the view things had run their course with RH then you wanted this clown in

• Like 1

I just don’t understand the logic in appointing him. I was happy to give him a chance but he has shown that he has no tactical knowledge whatsoever. We are playing long balls to no target man or diagonal hopeful punts. The bloke is way out of his depth in the Prem and he knows it.
At one one point in the second half the camera panned to him and Cohen I think. They both didn’t have a f**king clue. Total shambles.

As for transfers, why would anybody want to come to Southampton under his management and “brand” of football.  

• Sad 1

Wow this was a disaster. I expect relegation at the end of the  season. 

Perraud is too slow for a FB in the premier league and the way the game is played these days. 3 at the back might as well be two with Lycano gifting opportunities to the other team. Elyanousi just runs around not doing much. And we need to replace Romeu, and while it would be nice to have someone of his caliber from a few seasons back, right now I would take someone just occupying the same space he use to, just to protect the back line and be an anchor for attacks.

I would be patient for a manager who just got the job, but they have had a break, and several games. And if you can't see that it is a bad idea to play Lyanco, and the team looks more threatening with Stuart Armstrong than Elyanousi then there is probably no hope.

This manager has no idea what works and who are his best players/team.  He left Elyonoussie on until the end and he provided 95 minutes of nothingness. Lyanco another that shouldn't even be at the club starting regularly, following his clusterfuck penalty last week he proceeded to dither and pass to the opposition and lost us the match. Bonehead Adams, better than Tella who said that. Another sitter missed. Jones throws a hail Mary in probably his most vital game of the season by giving Mara his first start which didn't work. Brings the useless A. Armstrong on to provide nothing, And to cap it all we helped run the clock down with three centrebacks passing it sideways ably assisted by JWP. The manager has to take a lot of the credit because his team selections look like they are pulled out of a hat.

Just now, Mr X said:

Not a shot on target in 95 minutes and that's with Lavia on the pitch what hope have we got? 

Surely another manager could do something different with the squad available.

Jones watched his failing tactics for about 85 minutes tonight before changing it.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 0-1 Forest - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic