Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

13 minutes ago, Kenilworthy said:

Don't care where he goes if we get good money. Its not like we will have to watch him playing against us. BTW I loathe Liverpool

It can only be good for us if it goes to a bidding war…..

14 hours ago, SW5 SAINT said:

It can only be good for us if it goes to a bidding war…..

It never does because the player will decide where he wants to go first before any official bids are made.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

Get him in then and Benzema too while we're at it

And that youngster who plays on the wing, the Brazilian lad, he could learn the Southampton way and could have a very bright future. 

10 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

And that youngster who plays on the wing, the Brazilian lad, he could learn the Southampton way and could have a very bright future. 

nowhere near front footed or aggressive enough - wouldnt get in the starting line up 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

But can he defend corners?

Your right, he’ll never be an Elyonoussi 

1 hour ago, richardc said:

nowhere near front footed or aggressive enough - wouldnt get in the starting line up 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

I don't know enough about it all, but seems strange how things turned out for Hazard at RM. There was a time in the Prem when he was nigh unplayable

Why are you surprised? They treat Bale like shit.

Its what the club does. 

10 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Why are you surprised? They treat Bale like shit.

Its what the club does. 

Hazard has been a disgrace at Madrid came back last pre season a stone overweight, can't compare that to bale at all

2 hours ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

I don't know enough about it all, but seems strange how things turned out for Hazard at RM. There was a time in the Prem when he was nigh unplayable

He stopped getting away with it. In his heyday at Chelsea, they always said Hazard was by far the worst trainer, never looked after himself with his diet or lifestyle, and was basically coasting through his career purely on his incredible talent. It's kind of remarkable how good he was able to become given his total lack of drive.

But he wasn't a young man anymore when he joined Madrid. The body was starting to creak with all the accumulated injuries over the years, and he just couldn't be motivated to get properly fit. He was on a huge contract, in a place he always wanted to live, and pretty much checked out.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, qwertyell said:

He stopped getting away with it. In his heyday at Chelsea, they always said Hazard was by far the worst trainer, never looked after himself with his diet or lifestyle, and was basically coasting through his career purely on his incredible talent. It's kind of remarkable how good he was able to become given his total lack of drive.

But he wasn't a young man anymore when he joined Madrid. The body was starting to creak with all the accumulated injuries over the years, and he just couldn't be motivated to get properly fit. He was on a huge contract, in a place he always wanted to live, and pretty much checked out.

All of this and a very bad ankle injury that was probably caused, in part, due to his lifestyle and he just had no real motivation to overcome it

He’ll probably end up in Saudi where he can sack it off and still earn a fortune 

2 hours ago, qwertyell said:

these are Hazards role models 

image.thumb.png.d2170c64779153eddda3096075e20a99.png

image.png.8fac27a1883a7c0b6cb92ec07b74af78.pngimage.png.82bf5eaacdd17816e5943e61b422ea8c.png

image.thumb.png.e25f22c124ecc8226415791ace80f494.png

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, qwertyell said:

I think my favourite memory of Hazard is of him not scoring all season in 2015/16, then turning up to thump in an absolute world against Spurs to stop them winning the title.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

If that’s true then it seems certain that all three parties expect him to remain at Burnley and let’s face it, he must think he’s totally earnt the opportunity to continue his form in the Prem. Can’t say we ever utilised him in a manner that worked for him or us and it’s debatable whether the new regime would do that either. A front four of Tella, Sully, Alcarez and Che would be a mouth watering prospect in the Championship providing the proper coaching and system is in place, however I think Tella has been in more of a Che role?

Edited by Saint Fan CaM
  • Like 2

I think it would be madness to let him go.. Proven he can perform to a high standard in this division. He's our player, why let him go? If Martin can assure him of game time then I think he'd accept that decision. He seems like a good kid. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SaintLondon said:

I think it would be madness to let him go.. Proven he can perform to a high standard in this division. He's our player, why let him go? If Martin can assure him of game time then I think he'd accept that decision. He seems like a good kid. 

Because it's football.

Would love to keep him, but I think he'll go.  Almost a pure profit sale (Arsenal only probably get a tiny development fee).

Well done to the lad.  A rare Saints loan-out that worked (annoyingly timed with our relegation & their promotion though!)

• Like 5

Don't think Tella will set the Premier league alight. I see the Championship as his level but be happy for him if he proves me wrong. Che and Adam Armstrong both found it easy to score when playing in the Championship. We'll find out I guess if Tella does stay at Burnley.

It'd make no sense for us to let him go for anything below £25m, which is way more than he's worth. 

It was somewhat fair to allow Romeu to dictate his future (at our own cost) due to his service to the club. It's not even a remotely similar cause with Tella.

We'll be generating a good amount of money through other sales as it is. This shouldn't be one we're desperate for and if they don't give us big money, we've got a great asset for next season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Just linked with Alcaraz as well, albeit a horrid source. Would hope we wouldn't entertain anything lower than like £40m for him this Summer, why would we?

10 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Just linked with Alcaraz as well, albeit a horrid source. Would hope we wouldn't entertain anything lower than like £40m for him this Summer, why would we?

because we have been relegated?

2 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

because we have been relegated?

He signed a 4 and a half year deal less than 6 months ago, with complete knowledge that relegation was a very possible (and likely) scenario.

Unless there's a relegation release clause in his contract, which I'm sure we'd have heard about by now, why would we?

• Like 1

We won't be selling all these players. There is no need to. 

The ones who will go will be either towards the end of a contract or because a offer makes sense. 

By that I mean, allowing JWP to go to top side, for large fee. 

Making a killing on Lavia. 

I'm pretty confident from what I've heard that with parachute payments we do not need to sell. 

We could easily make decent money on

JWP / Lavia £65m??

Maybe 3 CBs for best part of £50m

Stu/ perraud/ diallo/orsic/ kwp/Aribo for about £70m

Then forwards surely few million there. 

Getting towards £200m in sales. 

We won't be able to and won't need to spend that in championship. 

Why would we sell Tella, Alcarez, livromento, sulemana? 

We don't need and may well have all of them for a year. 

2 hours ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

It'd make no sense for us to let him go for anything below £25m, which is way more than he's worth. 

It was somewhat fair to allow Romeu to dictate his future (at our own cost) due to his service to the club. It's not even a remotely similar cause with Tella.

We'll be generating a good amount of money through other sales as it is. This shouldn't be one we're desperate for and if they don't give us big money, we've got a great asset for next season.

This has got to be the starting point with both Tella and Charly. There was a bit of romanticism involved in Ori going home, but every deal this summer should be absolutely hard-arsed, and i'm pretty sure it will be. If you want them, offer big money and we'll think about it. Otherwise (I'm looking at you Eddie), take your Saudi pimp money elsewhere. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, West end Saints said:

The ones who will go will be either towards the end of a contract or because a offer makes sense. 

I'm pretty confident from what I've heard that with parachute payments we do not need to sell. 

JWP / Lavia £65m??

Whilst I agree with the general point, I think you've overpriced a lot of those players.

JWP / Lavia £65m??

No team is going to pay a transfer fee for Diallo, Orsic and Aribo. they are going to be loans. Stu will fetch a minimal fee like £2/3m so might as well keep him as a squad filler. Perraud £5m. KWP £15-20m tops. So nowhere near £70m. 

• Like 3

This entirely!

You can already work out the ones that’ll go permanently and those that’ll only be loaned out because of their wages.

I think JWP will stay. I think Alcaraz will stay.

Lavia and KWP I think will be very 50/50 - but as above, if there’s an offer that makes sense or is hard to turn down they’ll probably go.

Onuachu, Orsic, Aribo, maybe even Diallo will probably be loaned out because of wages.

Edited by FarehamSaintJames

13 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

Whilst I agree with the general point, I think you've overpriced a lot of those players.

Tbf not much thought went in. I will look at transfermarket, sometimes miles out though..

JWP 38

Lavia 25

Salisu 18

Bella-Kotchap 20

Caleta carr 14

Stu 6

Diallo 8

Perraud 12

Orsic 7

Che 22

Onuachu 17

KWP 25

Aribo 15 

Reckon some low, some high, but we could easily see 200 odd so don't think any sale will be done if we want the player

16 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

I would have thought grossly overrated the prices I doubt any decent club would pay much for for perraud/ diallo/orsic/ Aribo/S Armstrong

3 minutes ago, West end Saints said:

Tbf not much thought went in. I will look at transfermarket, sometimes miles out though..

JWP 38

Lavia 25

Salisu 18

Bella-Kotchap 20

Caleta carr 14

Stu 6

Diallo 8

Perraud 12

Orsic 7

Che 22

Onuachu 17

KWP 25

Aribo 15 

Reckon some low, some high, but we could easily see 200 odd so don't think any sale will be done if we want the player

And some missing a decimal point… 🤓

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Because he's not worth anything like £40m. 

Some of the values people put on our players is mental. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

I think JWP will stay. I think Alcaraz will stay.

Lavia and KWP I think will be very 50/50 - but as above, if there’s an offer that makes sense or is hard to turn down they’ll probably go.

Well you won’t give up, I’ll give you that 🤣

Three out of those four are dead certs not to be here come 1 September when the window shuts.

I doubt they’ll be here 5 August tbh.

But you carry on dreaming 🙂

8 minutes ago, egg said:

Because he's not worth anything like £40m. 

Some of the values people put on our players is mental. 

No he isn’t, and Tella isn’t worth £25m.

But, to let these players leave that’s what we should be commanding. They’re our players under decent length contracts, and who we need next season. Clubs will need to cough up way over the odds if they want them. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

Well you won’t give up, I’ll give you that 🤣

Three out of those four are dead certs not to be here come 1 September when the window shuts.

I doubt they’ll be here 5 August tbh.

But you carry on dreaming 🙂

It’s a forum where everyone is allowed an opinion. I shared my opinion. 😂

In the grand scheme of things I couldn’t give a toss if the whole squad left after last season. 🤷🏻‍♂️

4 hours ago, West end Saints said:

The funding gap even with parachute payments is apparently £60m according to someone I spoke to who works at the club. Some areas are being cut quite deep - paying the price for other's horrendous decisions sadly.

• Like 1