Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
Results 1,051 to 1,064 of 1064

Thread: Guido Carrillo - Loaned to Leganes: Official

Does Pellegrino's departure suggest the return of Carrillo to St. Mary's in January, given that his best mate is no longer around at Leganes to cover up his utter uselessness?

Quote Originally Posted by captainchris View Post
    Whilst this is an element we have had a serious issue with player selection and obviously do not - have not had the correct skill level at the club to recognise a very good player when buying in.
    Looking at the under 23s this week this issue is reflected right through the first team squad and the under 23s who donít have a single player within touching distance of the first team squad and I wouldnít expect those players to cost 30m.
    The quality or lack of it on show was truly atrocious against Blackburn. Maybe this is coaching maybe itís poor recruitment but we have one hell of a mountain to climb before we are anywhere near where we need to be as an organisation.
    I have mentioned this myself. Iam not sure how good somebody like Jaidi is as a coach. IMHO he is not the type of ex player that I would expect to coach kids a silky game. I dont want to be unfair but it seems to me that Les really didnt leave a good academy behind. Perhaps he only employed people who read his coaching manual

Quote Originally Posted by SaveloyMush View Post
    Does Pellegrino's departure suggest the return of Carrillo to St. Mary's in January, given that his best mate is no longer around at Leganes to cover up his utter uselessness?
    HCDAJFU

Quote Originally Posted by OldNick View Post
    Perhaps he only employed people who read his coaching manual
    More likely that he believed/assumed that anyone who read his coaching manual would have everything they needed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    HCDAJFU
    Sweeping up the car park ?

Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Blog Entries

How on earth are we going to shift him now? Probably best just to pay him off to go ASAP. Worst signing in our history?

God the club have signed a load of guff over the last 3 years. Spend the January budget (if there is one) in paying these c**ts off. Let's start again.

Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    How on earth are we going to shift him now? Probably best just to pay him off to go ASAP. Worst signing in our history?
    I would say so, mainly because it was so bloody obvious to anyone with half a brain that he was useless.

Here's hoping either Boca or River take him off our hands at a huge loss to us at best :/

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    God the club have signed a load of guff over the last 3 years. Spend the January budget (if there is one) in paying these c**ts off. Let's start again.
    Paying them off won’t achieve anything, we’re better off loaning them out even if we cover 90% of the wages.

What an absolutely ridiculous signing this was, surely got to be up there with the worst signings ever by any club. THis isn't even hindsight talking looking at his track record 26 years old and had only ever scored more than 10 goals in a season once, in the Argie league, signed by a manager who the Chairman openly admitted they'd considered sacking several times before the signing, then they did a few weeks later, he was never going to be the answer. For £5m he might have been worth a gamble but £20m just incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Saint View Post
    The black box is a room full of videos. Presumably somebody must have watched videos of Vestergaard before we signed him. And anyone who watched him play in a match for us when he first arrived would have noticed how slow and unathletic he was so it's surprising that if we had an actual scout watching him play before we parted with so much money for him, he didn't notice Vestergaard's obvious deficiencies.

At the time we signed him I had a look at a few videos of him and my conclusion was "From what I've seen of him on videos, his lack of pace is a real cause for concern. Also, perhaps because he is so tall, and doesn't need to, he's not very good at jumping."

I'm not saying I'm a particularly talented scout because anyone who watched him play, even on videos, would have noticed the same deficiencies that we all have now that we've seen him play.

The signing of such players as Carrillo and Vestergaard indicates there is something seriously amiss in the club's current recruitment setup.
    Money has been frittered away on players like Vestergaard and Carrillo who were clearly not good enough for the Premier League. About £100 million in transfer fees and wages has been poured straight down the drain on substandard players that no other Premier League club, with anyone with any common sense in their recruitment department, would want. That's where we need to start. It's no use giving our current recruitment department money to spend in January as they are more than likely to waste it.

13. Default

Carrillo gets a double as Leganes win 4-0 away at Murcia in the Copa del Rey.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Carrillo gets a double as Leganes win 4-0 away at Murcia in the Copa del Rey.
    Bit like beating Skates. Can score against 3rd level team.