20/21 Kit

Hatch

The tabs on the bottom of both kits (back of shirt) look really odd! Sponsor looks much better in the block colours.

I think I prefer the third kit, reminds me of the league one promotion, where all the fun started. Compared to this years home kit, the new one is much better, wasn't hard though!

As predicted.

Away kit looks reasonably stylish, although largely 'undone' by the sponsors logo. Home kit .. less said the better .... (it's Middlesboro' Revisited at best). 

We really must have some Grade A muppets with poor taste  in the commercial department.

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

As predicted.

Away kit looks reasonably stylish, although largely 'undone' by the sponsors logo. Home kit .. less said the better .... (it's Middlesboro' Revisited at best)

We really must have some Grade A muppets with poor taste  in the commercial department.

I completely don't get this attitude. There are so many styles and colours of T-shirt you can have, without going completely abstract. If anything we look like fewer other clubs with the sash. Just Boro, instead of Stoke, Sheff U, Brentford, Atheltico Madrid, Bilbao, PSV, RS Belgrade etc.

• Like 1

Kit looks nice, i dont really do kits but as far as you can create a decent football shirt it's a good effort and looks nice.

However the new strap line "Defying the odds since 1885" What?  I guess the odds are that not many clubs of our size have won so little, thats the only defying of odds we've done

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 1

Like them a lot, nice nods to our history and without the usual over complication UA seem to indulge in. The sponsor logo doesn't look too bad on the home shirt, it's still atrocious but at least is not absolutely dominating.

Using gold on the away sponsor/UA logos looks a little cheap, but it seems like a bit of an effort to fade them out so not to ruin the classic look of the traditional kit.

17 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I completely don't get this attitude. There are so many styles and colours of T-shirt you can have, without going completely abstract. If anything we look like fewer other clubs with the sash. Just Boro, instead of Stoke, Sheff U, Brentford, Atheltico Madrid, Bilbao, PSV, RS Belgrade etc.

Not convinced we need to go different, it’s just tradition I guess. When I see stripes I think Saints and not Stoke, Sheff U, Brentford etc. But when I see the sash style I don’t really think Saints. I regard the stripes as ‘our kit’ not there’s. having said that’ Under Armour have been poor with or without stripes, so roll on the next manufacturer. Let’s win a cup in sashes and I might buy it 😉

53 minutes ago, edprice1984 said:

The third kit is absolutely brilliant. Why couldn’t they make it our Home kit?

3rd kit should have been the home. 

Red kit is approved as our home (main) kit as it complied with the Chinese communist party colour scheme 

1 minute ago, trousers said:

Please keep mentioning it every 5 minutes just in case we forget.... ;)

No problem I will do. I was accused by some of talking bollocks and that I was lying when I said I was friends with someone at the club so nice to shove it down the throats of certain people. 

3 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

No problem I will do. I was accused by some of talking bollocks and that I was lying when I said I was friends with someone at the club so nice to shove it down the throats of certain people. 

Saintsweb is the definately the best place for "Told you so" posts so fill your boots (almost up there with the number of "glad I was wrong" posts on here) :)

Edited by trousers

Would prefer the white with the red sash for the home kit.

Just do not see the point of an away kit that has essentially the same colours but in reverse. We still won't be able to wear it away at any other team that plays in red. Utterly pointless.

Nothing wrong with those, makes a change and as others have said rids us of the stupid “Bra” Under Armour seem obsessed with. 
Seems a shame to have done away with the Yellow on the away, especially when the manager commented this past season that the boys seem to like “pulling on their yellow trousers and going out to play”. 

On the Saints Facebook page they had a past shirt vote recently for the next historical replica to appear in the shop, the 1976-1980 thick stripes with thinner side stripes wiped the floor with the rest so I’m guessing that’s next years prep being done.

Every year the amateur kit mock ups excite me and the real thing is a disappointment. This year is no exception. Very underwhelmed. Can't someone just do some good looking stripes?

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

A blue away kit like this would be great...

John Devlin on Twitter: "Kit of the day: Southampton away kit 1980 ...

Agreed, perfect.

But you know it won't be anything tasteful like that, more likely we end up in a Pompey type kit (remember the 'radical blue flame effect' of the CHris Nicholl era).

Don't really mind what we play in TBH.

Having said that, I look back at the 17/18 kit ( here for those that can't remember - http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Southampton/Southampton.htm) and having initially been all in favour, don't think it looks very good. 

The ones that I thought I'd have a problem with are the Cortese ones, but looking back on them, they look OK. 

Really looking forward to the new saints 21-22 kits .... after all it’s our 136th year so must commemorate that!! These are nice kits but we are not Peru....sorry am not a fan... will dig out the red sash kit of 10 years ago, that DID commemorate something and was nice and simple.

• Like 1