• James Ward-Prowse
    • Stuart Armstrong
    • Moussa Djenepo
    • Danny Ings
    • Che Adams
    • Nathan Tella
    • Michael Obafemi

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/09/20 at 19:00

First win at Turf Moor since 1971, was sort of watching it at work, looked scrappy, hard fought, scuffy goal, but what a win to kick start the season.

I'd have said we'd be on 3 or 4 points after 3 games, but I did think the win would be against Palace not Burnley. Now Ralph and co, please go out and strengthen the squad!

• Like 1

We out Burnley' d, Burnley.

Truly inept performance all round, but 3 points are all that matters really.

A side with anything about them would have taken us apart today, thankfully it was Burnley reserves with their u18's on the bench.

Still tons and tons of improvement to be made though, we are absolutely nowhere near where we were at the end of last season, nowhere near.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 4

That was absolutely dire, we were really really poor. Fortunately Burnley were an absolute shambles. 3 points is great but apart from that nothing to get excited about there. Djenepo? Has he actually played football before? Every time he got the ball, passed back, or gave it away, looked like Mane when he first arrived, let's hope he has the same transformation, cis honestly we could have replaced him with Forster and it would have been an improvement. Still like I said already 3 points so shouldn't complain too much. 

Make no mistake, we got lucky today. Burnley with half a side missing, fuck me we made hard work of it. If I was a neutral I’d think 2 really poor sides. Second half we were awful.

Djenepo gave one of the most inept performances I’ve ever seen. Bertrand  way too causal second half, Armstrong & Adams had one. Oriel Rom my motm, Vestergaard did well, Ings was Ings & JWP did ok. Great to win when playing poorly for once, as it’s something we’ve not seemed capable of doing. 

• Like 1

Just now, S-Clarke said:

Looks like he's forgotten how to play football.

Desperately lacking wide depth. Let's see what happens in the next week.

I said exactly that phrase about Armstrong in second half. Rate him generally but now again just looks so poor. Lacks bottle too.

Cab still do a lot better than Adams IMO

Lost there last year, so that's 3 points gained this year. However, we won at Palace and beat Spurs at home last term and we lost both of them this time, so we're 3 points down on last season from the same 3 fixtures.

Really need to push on with a win next week... And get those 3 signings that Ralph has talked about over the line..

1 minute ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

Lost there last year, so that's 3 points gained this year. However, we won at Palace and beat Spurs at home last term and we lost both of them this time, so we're 3 points down on last season from the same 3 fixtures.

Really need to push on with a win next week... And get those 3 signings that Ralph has talked about over the line..

That’s exactly how consecutive seasons work. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, whelk said:

I said exactly that phrase about Armstrong in second half. Rate him generally but now again just looks so poor. Lacks bottle too.

Cab still do a lot better than Adams IMO

Both 'wide' players were dreadful tonight. Armstrong doesn't look anywhere near fit enough yet, feels like we've had to rush him back due to the injuries to Redmond etc.

Shows how desperately we need additional wide players tbh. Not fair to expect someone like Tella to be the answer.

• Like 1

Relieved to the win at a bogey ground, munter of a game. Vest very decent in countering Wood, Ings quality, Adams good assist, tidy from scraps although should have done better when spooning over. Romeu solid and his kind of game,

Both clubs COOs need to pull their fingers out on recruitment, stupidly thin benches for the PL no wonder Dyche and Ralph are fed up. Worked in Saints favour tonight as Burnley’s injury list was longer. Saints need a busy few days in the window, need a couple of CMs, a wide right at the minimum. Watched Palace v Everton on Amazon earlier, CP unlucky and light years ahead of SFC on quality even if they lose Zaha. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Both 'wide' players were dreadful tonight. Armstrong doesn't look anywhere near fit enough yet, feels like we've had to rush him back due to the injuries to Redmond etc.

Shows how desperately we need additional wide players tbh. Not fair to expect someone like Tella to be the answer.

Neither of them are match fit or sharp I think. The injury to Redmond exposed the stupidity of the last minute transfer activity. SFC Recruitment Team shut up about the black box and get some wide players and CMs in to help Ralph and freshen things up. Some competition will liven the place up and mean we don’t have to rush back key players like Armstrong. If they are worried about the takeover, they can use one PL loan and the European loan market rather than permanent. Stabilise and ensure new owners still have a PL club

We closed a game out. A game that felt like it lasted longer than the Apocalypse Now Redux. Clean sheet away, another goal for Danny Ings, and three points. What's not to like, other than the fact it was so narcoleptic that I felt myself falling asleep at half nine on a Saturday. Up the Saints. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

That was absolutely dire, we were really really poor. Fortunately Burnley were an absolute shambles. 3 points is great but apart from that nothing to get excited about there. Djenepo? Has he actually played football before? Every time he got the ball, passed back, or gave it away, looked like Mane when he first arrived, let's hope he has the same transformation, cis honestly we could have replaced him with Forster and it would have been an improvement. Still like I said already 3 points so shouldn't complain too much. 

Spot on. We were absolute toss and nicked three points by virtue of being ever so slightly less awful. If you're watching that as a neutral, you'd say both teams are likely to be well in the mix for relegation.