Saints Vs Villa - Match Thread

os862saints

Get rid of VAR. It's ruining the game. There needs to be a proper investigation into these officials. Look at some betting patterns or something. I'm starting to think someone is "on the take" Not just our games, right across the board. I've resisted saying it before but I'm starting to think corruption!!!!!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, hackedoff said:

The English Premier League,the best league in the world!

It's nothing short of a stage act and I defy anyone to say different.

Hard to argue against that today. Clearly from the start this was set up for Villa to win. We've had 2 goals disallowed and 1 clear pen denied. Clear as day.

1 minute ago, badgerx16 said:

Can we cut the sleeves off of our shirts ?

In all seriousness, if they're going to include the arbitrary length of a piece of cloth in their decision making then players should roll their sleeves up to their shoulder. If Ings wasnt wearing a black arm band he may have been onside. Utterly bonkers 

thought we played pretty well second half. We created a few chances, dominated...improved on the first half, especially when Adams came on and we went for it. Injuries a nightmare. At least a couple came back. We need to sign Williams on loan.

Fucking disgrace. Never deserved to lose that game. We weren't great but not were they and we had a totally blatant penalty turned down and then VAR making up where the lines were. 

I haven't been this cross after a game for a long time. 

• Like 1

We were poor. Villa were poor. The officials were poor (corrupt?). With competent decision making we get at least a point out of the game, despite being out of form and injury plagued.

I'm usually pragmatic rather than emotionalwhen we lose but complete injustice the way we lost that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

We looked better when we brought Adams on. Too little too late. We let them get a lead and sit on it. Before that it was one of the insipid displays of the season.

Annoyed about the handball decision but more so by the way we approached the game, against a very average Villa side.

I like watching Villa, what's the composite Saints/Villa side? I'll go first, Targett at Left Back.

Decisions were a disgrace. What is that sleeve rule all about, i mean honestly what a load of shite. Thought Che made a big difference when he came on. Djenepo continues to frustrate. Could be a costly one depending on how serious the injuries to Romeu, Diallo and Walcott (not bothered by Walcott, could do with a rest because hes been poor)

We were getting VAR decisions earlier in the season, we weren't complaining then. We're now having them go against us, you have to take it as it's part of the game.

I don't like VAR and I don't think it really adds anything in it's current incarnation, but we've benefited from really iffy decisions so we were due a couple like that. Ref was dodge all night but these things happen and you just have to hope your quality comes through.

At the end of the day, we didn't do enough. VAR or not.

Entire attack is off form, unfit, not in sync. We're dead in the final third.

Redmond is probably the only attacking player in the world who focuses his game on going backwards. If that was a requirement for a team, he'd be worth a fortune as there's no one in the world as good as him at that.

Adams did improve things when he came on, but Ings has just lost his touch, he's a yard off it. He's been our only source of goals for the last 18 months/2 years, so when he hits a barren patch we are clearly going to stop scoring. 

Reality is...this is probably us, we overachieved over the last 40 games - helped somewhat by a curtailed/weird season. We don't have the squad to do any more than we are at the mo. We are in that realm with Newcastle/Burnley etc - middle of mid table. 

Villa just have more quality than us, they moved their squad forward depth wise. Not much we can do about that.

Edited by S-Clarke

Well that wasn’t great tonight. We are just so slow at times and allow the opposition to get back into shape. Not really sure where we go from here and I think we seriously need to hope that we a couple of loan options available to us. I honestly think ralf will go at the end of the season because he’s taken us as far as we can go without any support from the board. And as for the officials, pricks.

5 minutes ago, nta786 said:

Blood truly boiling

79930DEB-D3B2-4EE2-A4A1-5500170BE53D.jpeg

forget the lines, look at the ball. tell me they have stopped the freeze frame in the right place? How do they make that part of the decision so quickly? it's not accurate and thus the lines become irrelevant.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VectisSaint said:

We lost because we weren't very good, in fact we were abysmal. Decisions didn't go our way but really it didn't matter, we were poor again.

You seem to be confusing us with the officials. We won that match 3-1. Not just the penalty and offside, also Romeu didn't foul their GK when he dropped it and it ended up in the net.

1 minute ago, trousers said:

So, let me get this handball law straight...

If the ball is heading towards the back of the net, a defender is allowed to punch the ball off the line as long as it grazes his thigh first...?

Apparently so. Nothing to stop them deliberately handballing after it's hit another body part first under the current rules.