Summer Transfer Window 2021

Dusic

Safe to say we won’t be getting Tanganga from Spurs, another great performance today keeping Grealish quiet.

With the ability to have 9 players on the bench now, I can see the benefit of bringing in Cahill alongside whoever we buy, to be on the bench when needed to bring a calm head to the pitch.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Suhari said:

Apparently RH has said we'll only make one more signing: a replacement for JV.

What happened to his suggestion of a new CM from a couple of weeks ago?

He said again, as recently as Thursday, that he would ideally like the CB to be capable of playing as a #6 too if needed.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

Spurs are linked with more centre-backs after the one they signed so Tanganga might slip down the pecking order. 

Is he a CB though? All his good games for Spurs have been at RB. I know he played CB as a youth, but whenever he's had a go there in men's football he's looked out of his depth.

Unrelated: Sergio Romero is still available on a free.

Edited by qwertyell

On 08/07/2021 at 14:02, Chez said:

Personally, my eye was caught by Braithwaite, who I have not seen before for club or country. He had the touch, strength and looked a real threat on the turn. 

On 08/07/2021 at 15:08, Saint Garrett said:

Funny, I thought he was absolutely dross in this tournament.  Couldn't get in Middlesbrough side, and went to Spain.  Was a panic signing by Barcelona, and they'll be trying to rid of him this summer I'd think.

On 08/07/2021 at 17:20, VectisSaint said:

That would be the same Martin Braithwaite that struggled to displace Carillo when he was at Leganes and made Barca a bit of a laughing stock when they signed him as an emergency transfer because he was considered so poor. Maybe there is an argument that turds can indeed be polished. 

On 09/07/2021 at 12:31, Saint86 said:

Was hoping for some good transfer news and logged in to fans eyeing up Braithwaite - genuinely gave me cold sweats and i started looking for the relevant transfer link thinking someone please save us!!!! Fortunately there isn't one 😅

Every dog has his day I suppose. 😏

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, qwertyell said:

Is he a CB though? All his good games for Spurs have been at RB. I know he played CB as a youth, but whenever he's had a go there in men's football he's looked out of his depth.

Romero will be the new Boruc. We will get him in October once it finally becomes obvious to the club that insisting on Forster and McCarthy will relegate us just like Kelvin and Gazzaniga 9 years ago.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Cartman said:

Romero will be the new Boruc. We will get him in October once it finally becomes obvious to the club that insisting on Forster and McCarthy will relegate us just like Kelvin and Gazzaniga 9 years ago.

Like now, it beggars belief. Such a key position and so poor it’s been left in the state it has, I get from a financial point of view we’ve got two keepers earning £150k a week between them. But a good keeper makes such a difference to a team. 

9 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Caleta-Carr ticks a lot of boxes. Saw a link to him earlier, but can't remember where.

Experience in a top league, experience at International level, a very tall, commanding, powerful and ball playing centre back. Not particularly slow. 24 years old, 1 year left on his contract.  Available for around £15m. Experience of the 'RB' programme from Salzburg. He'd be an upgrade on Vestergaard in every way.

If we've not at least tried then we're failing.

Including the 'probably sees himself as too good for us', and 'unlikely to sign' boxes.

Trouble is that unless he (or others of his standard) signs this week we'll probably become less attractive after a drubbing v Man Utd when its clear what sort of season he'll be signing up to.

from Jan 7 2015 to Jun 22 2017 Richard Kitzbichler was assistant at Red Bull Salzburg and Caleta Car was a CB there.

Thats Kitzbichler being a coach on the bench for  50 games Caleta Car participated in.

You would hope there is some chance of us getting him in.

8 hours ago, Badger said:

Including the 'probably sees himself as too good for us', and 'unlikely to sign' boxes.

Trouble is that unless he (or others of his standard) signs this week we'll probably become less attractive after a drubbing v Man Utd when its clear what sort of season he'll be signing up to.

Stepping stone approach 

14 hours ago, qwertyell said:

I thought Nuno tended to play wingbacks a lot though and don't they also still Aurier and Doherty?  But yeh he was very solid yesterday but not sure how much he offers going forward as a full back if they were playing lesser teams, he seemed to be in the team to do a very specific defensive job yesterday which he did well. 

Agree on Romero but we just seem to be ignoring the goalkeeper situation. I'd presume maybe not enough room in the wage budget? 

51 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

Braithwaite scored 2 for Barca yesterday ! although they say he is up for sale

Such a funny situation that, a panic buy that they somehow bought outside a transfer window and now because they have massively screwed up he's pretty much their only available striker. The guy must be living the dream though, he's never scored more than 14 in a season, barely has a 1 in 4 record in his career and he's somehow ended up playing for Barcelona. 

27 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

The title suggests they have taken the information from another source. Likely to be a copy and paste rehash of the Tom Leach article.

have a look at the player name again 😏

13 hours ago, Turkish said:

Like now, it beggars belief. Such a key position and so poor it’s been left in the state it has, I get from a financial point of view we’ve got two keepers earning £150k a week between them. But a good keeper makes such a difference to a team. 

Aren't WHU paying Areola their second choice keeper £150k a week as he is on loan?

We just have the worst owners in the Premier League severely handicapping us... so frustrating but doesn't get the media coverage the likes of Newcastle, WHU (2/3/4 years ago), and Everton (in the past) get regarding ownership

I see no reason why we can't get a GK as a precogitated purchase knowing that next season both are out of contract... it's like no one at the club has any forethought... bet we're scrambling after the JV sale we probably don't even know who we want despite hearing the soundbites of "we have targets"...

5 minutes ago, nta786 said:

Aren't WHU paying Areola their second choice keeper £150k a week as he is on loan?

We just have the worst owners in the Premier League severely handicapping us... so frustrating but doesn't get the media coverage the likes of Newcastle, WHU (2/3/4 years ago), and Everton (in the past) get regarding ownership

I see no reason why we can't get a GK as a precogitated purchase knowing that next season both are out of contract... it's like no one at the club has any forethought... bet we're scrambling after the JV sale we probably don't even know who we want despite hearing the soundbites of "we have targets"...

Because it would cost money and we have owners who have no money.

Personally think we're being well run by Semmens and Co but unfortunately they need a guarantee of money in the bank before they can commit to spending on a replacement for JV. 

3 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

Not sure what you are driving at? I think you are steering the conversation in a different way.

Katalinic was a pretty good converter of shots to saves

I'll get my coat

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Can't say I know anything about him myself, but I'll ask my mate who's a Rangers fan.

We made a massive profit on our previous deals, we have something like £25-30m left over, why are we wasting our time with bargain deals in the championship?