Saints 0-1 Wolves - Match Thread

Lighthouse

Just now, badgerx16 said:

Do you honestly think that things are likely to change in the next 3 months ? I think it is fairly easy to predict where we will be by Xmas.

No but people on here said we need to give him a fair chance till Xmas!  

Was Ralph wearing the waistcoat? If so then he’s fast running out of options.

Never fancied us today, Wolves have far more talent upfront than us.

I basically feel we’re in this microcosm Premier League with Newcastle, Norwich, Watford and maybe one or two more.

It’s not looking good really...

Edited by Sunglasses Ron

Worst performance of the season by quite some way.

Slow, ponderous, midfield refused to show any bravery on the ball.

Thought prowsey was very poor. Twice in presentable positions to shoot and passed the buck.

Goal we conceded was an embarassing long ball where bednarek was simply outmuscled.

No clue why Ralph decided playing with 10 men(plus long) was a smart idea. Tella who was one of the best players against Sheff Utd completely ignored.

2 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

Moment of class from jiminez in a smash and grab win. It happens. 

This, we didn't really click today offensively but were obviously the better team, but Wolves did sweet FA and looked average at best aside from that one moment. 

Overall most of them looked ok, can't fault the effort but the sharpness and movement wasn't there.

We miss Armstrong, he is the biggest goal threat from the no. 10 position and drives at teams making stuff happen.

Something is off with Ward-Prowse IMO, he's got a nagging injury but doesn't look himself, the energy and snappiness is not there in his game at the moment. 

Edited by tajjuk

1 minute ago, Mikey88 said:

Do we actually have a plan for how we want to play with the ball? Or is our only plan to counter off a turnover? Genuinely couldn’t say what our style of play is.

win ball high, pass quickly and shoot. Pretty much the only way we score goals. If teams don't get caught in possession, then we have little 

2 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

We're not going down, don't worry. Norwich, Watford, Burnley, Newcastle, Leeds are worse than us.

Leeds aren't worse than us and Newcastle are about the same I'd say. But I agree I think we'll have enough to stay up. That performance against City last week was top 6 stuff. We just can't do it at home, and can only do it maybe 5 times a season.

I'm a Ralph fan but strange subs and Wolves are a poor side. Adams wasn't at his best but the issue was not being able to link up play - why bring on Long and Broja? We're clearly not beating Wolves in the air. I appreciate we're limited but Tella for direct running? Diallo for more progressive passing than Romeu?

You have to wonder if Shane Long is the answer what the f*ck was the question!??

9 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

must have thought it was xmas they way the defence parted and slid out of his way!

Why are individual goals always the defenders fault when it's against your team but a work of genius when it's  for your team....? ;)

Edited by trousers

5 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

Moment of class from jiminez in a smash and grab win. It happens. 

It happens because wolves were allowed to move the ball forward quickly, which puts pressure of defenders

the slow way we have to move the ball forward puts pressure on our attackers

Edited by MAY-Z

Monumental cock up by Bednarek to gift them the goal - very weak attempt to stop their goalscorer. We have zero creativity in midfield and are so negative even at home that Romeu often switches to centre half. JWP's free kicks are ordinary which makes him a waste of a shirt. Add in that our forwards are not good enough at this level and that's a perfect recipe for a season of struggle relying on there being 3 worst sides than us. Not sure what Tella has done to be out in the wilderness. Very poor today after a battling point last week.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 0-1 Wolves - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic