MotM?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. MotM?

• Nobody
    • NOBODY, BUT IN CAPITALS
    • Niemand, aber auf Deutsch

7 minutes ago, Thereisonlyonemickychannon said:

OK. We need a new manager...

Hmmmm.....let me think...yes...let's get someone who managed Stoke and failed....Great idea...should work right?

Not!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you not think it is the players who are responsible for our demise

I should think that NJ agrees with me they are a useless rabble

I doubt he planned for no shots on target 

It does not matter who is the manager this squad is on the way down

• Like 1

On 01/01/2023 at 08:42, Toussaint said:

It’s a very important game, but it’s not the end if we lose. There were big signs of improvement yesterday, we still have the transfer window to come,  NJ still has work to do to impose his style and there are still  20 games to go after Forest. 

I understand the despondency but it’s too soon to give up. 

What do you think now having seen that? Worrying 

3 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Let's not beat around the bush here. Forest were utter fucking garbage, and showed exactly why their away record is so bad, and we just gifted them a win.

Customary brain-fart from Lyanco gifts them a goal, and our pathetic excuse for an 'attack' can't muster a single shot on target. I can't think of an expletive strong enough to describe how pitiful that was to watch.

I really wanted to give Jones a chance to settle and give him some time to prove himself worthy of being given the job, but I can't defend what I'm seeing with my own eyes. There's no plan, no style, and no fight whatsoever in this team. Not one of the players understands where they are supposed to be, there's no cohesion, no movement, no running the channels (not that any of our AMs would have the vision to play the right ball anyway) and we're just so fucking easy to defend against.

Sorry Nathan. You need to go before you do even more damage. You are quite literally out of your league. SR - do the right thing and admit you made a horrible mistake hiring him. Not that sacking him now will save us anyway. You can't have 3 managers in a season and expect to stay up. Watford have proved that, and so did we in 04/05.

Cheers, saves me the bother of typing my thoughts. I was late to the game, thanks trains, maybe they did me a favour. 

Things I would add, the subs, fuck me!

Why shackle are one dribbling talent in Edozie with the wing back role?

Aribo either adopted passenger role or it wasn’t clear what he should be doing  very ineffective.

Adam A did what he does, he’s in the wrong league.

DCC is clearly a better CB than Lyanco.

I could’ve been Forests keeper, we were that poor.

The decision makers at this club have not only missed a wide open goal but managed to score an own goal at the same time.

The world cup was a perfect time to get in a real manager, a football man with bags of experience to spend 40 days with the entire squad minus 2 and get them Strachan fit, drilled into a formation and tactics and ready for the off. The manager would also have that time to put together a shopping list of positions that need new players for them tp get going on in time for Jan 1.

Instead, they've got in "gather 10 crisp packets and become a manager" Jones in who has done nothing but try and get the team to play a hapless formation, doesn't know his best team, doesn't know his tactics.  

They probably don't even have a list of targets yet. Lollygagging and dogshitting their way to relegation and I bet you they'll trot out the usual, "what could we do with this team, we didn't have time, the transfer market is hard etc.".

Useless. As I said earlier in the thread they are like my kids giving me a form to sign that they've had for a month and saying they need supplies for school that day while the bus is coming around the corner.

• Like 14

8 minutes ago, Streaky said:

Yeah let's sack another manager. Wake up its the players. They don't give a fuck and haven't for 2 years. Why do the players get an easy ride every week. Fans should be at the training ground pelting them with rocks. Roma fans have the right idea.

Do you really think the players get an easy ride from the fans?, not on here they don't!. Let's be honest, the whole shebang is rotten. 

NJ said that Adams would be a better goal scorer with him in charge. Because making strikers better goal scorers is what he does.

Southampton efforts on target = 0

Under Ralph the bulk of that team learend automatisms that, before it got sussed out, gave the team an identity and passing capability that took us well into the top half. I doubt NJ's approach is more technical than that, but yet it's somehow beyond him to get whatever it is across to the players, or the players have somehow lost the ability to learn. All of them.

Here, we didn't threaten a team that, compared to how long our lot have worked together, just met in the car park before the game.

If NJ's plan is more direct football, then it's odd that his team never took risks, never played with any pace, never looked like wanting the ball, never looked like creating space to recieve it, never looked like holding it up and certainly never seemed capable of getting a shot on goal. There are remnants of Ralph in there, which is never going to work in a new system. But whatever that new system is, it hasn't reached the brains or feet of the players. If it exists.

Against a promoted team who have had to quickly work together, who are rightly at the same end of a table and who were sitting back, after we gave away our mandatory defensive howler as a gift goal.

I think I saw 1 move, where a poor ball was played to Lavia, he turned it and got a quick pass out to KWP. Nothing came from that. And it had to be done after an error, and against a team that were already dropped deep allowing us bags of possession. We didn;t look remotely capable of quick movement like that, when Forest were further up. Our centre half look fairly strong, but the rest of the tam look deicdedly lightweight against everyone else in this league. We're not going to be winning many fights. And propping up the league, every game is going to be a fight.

That was as tough a watch as I can remember in a long time. NJ had a long break with this squad. The end product might not ahve been quite there, without bringing in, say, a more physical attacker. But I'd have expected to see some signs of what the plan is. NJ looks constantly surprised that L1 tactics don't work against Premier League players.

The club, manager and players all knew how important these last few games were for our season. Points = 0. 

And nothing is exactly what they deserve.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, John B said:

You can’t play hoofball with this team. We need Michael Bentine as manager. 

Unfortunately, we are fvked. Poor Owners. Poor Management Team. Poor Manager. Poor Players. We’re gone and it’s going to be a long way back. If ever. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, warwicksaint said:

Wasn’t there tonight, what was the atmosphere like?

Not as angry as I thought it would be. Largely just Forest fans singing.

Boos at halftime and the end, a chant of "you don't know what you're doing" and some Saints fans joining in with Forest singing "you're getting sacked in the morning".

I expected worse at the end.

There are some poor players sure, but more importantly there is no sign of a cohesive effective system. The players don’t know how to work effectively together. Our midfield looks non-existent and we rely on the CB’s to supply the forward line time and time again. We make it so easy for the opposing team to play against us. This is all done to the manager and his coaches who are quite clearly ineffective.

I’m truly terrified of what any of the top six might achieve against us. It’s going to be a bloodbath.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, John B said:

It's true there is a lack of quality in the squad, but a competent manager would at least be able to pick a consistent best 11 from it and get them organised enough to be competitive and occasionally take points from other shit teams. 

I've seen enough of Jones now to conclude that he is not a competent manager. 0 points and 0 goals from open play from the last 3 games, which were supposed to be the start of an 'easier' run of fixtures, says it all. The squad is limited, yes, but it's capable of better than that.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, DT said:

Sean Dyche you’re our only hope

you are 100% correct here.....with so little of the season left, he is the only man that can come in and quickly steady the ship - and more so not accept this lack of fight......besides, even if he couldn't save us, he'd be the perfect man to get us back up. May as well just get him in now given where we are. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saint Billy said:

Do you really think the players get an easy ride from the fans?, not on here they don't!. Let's be honest, the whole shebang is rotten. 

They get it pretty easy in the ground though, and none of them would give a shit about what's written on a forum they don't read. 

• Like 2

Make no mistake this was truly appalling and telling, Jones’ period of grace is done and it gets more difficult from here. There will be no improvement. It’s now all about how long it takes to pull the trigger. For Sport Republic there is a very small window to rectify their error and salvage some credibility of the club going down fighting. Shudder to think of our last fall and administration with the groundwork put in by the influence and legacy of Marcus Liebherr. The club is currently in the hands of narcissistic, vain fools! 

• Like 1

I have never watched so much shit in my entire life. I won't even bother going into each half as they were both as bad as each other.

This was a team with no idea what to do, they all looked like they'd never seen a football before. When they got into an attacking area they froze, when they got pressed in defence they froze. There was no tactical approach, no pass and move, no press, nothing. The single and most consistent thing we did was get the ball and lump it long, that was it.

What is most bizarre about that is we keep doing it when we do not have the players to play that way, I just don't understand why they think launching long balls to Adams or Ely is going to work - it's just surreal what we're watching, it doesn't make any sense and I don't understand where this is coming from as it was happening under Ralph as well.

I'm pretty much resigned to where we are now, that's it done for me. There's no way out of this, not now. If we came out of the WC break firing and knocked our home games out of the park then yeah, we'd have given ourselves a chance. But we've lost every one and we're now more than a game adrift at the bottom of the league, there's no way out. It's done.

This has been an event that has been brewing for years, it's not something that's happened overnight or under the watch of a specific person...we've been going this direction for a while and this is the season it has seemingly all come to the fore. 

I hold no grudges to Jones, but the bloke looks like a lower league manager and acts like one. He doesn't provide me with any genuine hope that he has any idea what to do and I kind of feel sorry for him. The decision to appoint a somewhat rookie manager to coach a rookie bunch of young players is ludicrous and one of the worst decisions this club have ever made.

Everton up next, I think we know how that will end so no point in really preparing for anything else. We might as well keep our powder dry this window, nothing will change the situation now - we'll need as much money as we can get next season so we can try and assemble a somewhat competitive team in a lower league.

• Like 17

17 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

You mean the guy who lead us to one of the worst win records in the calendar year 2022? That guy?

Getting rid of Ralph earlier would have been more sensible.

But didn't Ralph have a good calendar year before that?  Anyway, the summer was the point to either back him or sack him and they did neither.

1 minute ago, The Cat said:

They get it pretty easy in the ground though, and none of them would give a shit about what's written on a forum they don't read. 

Quite easy to turn on Jones but these pr1cks have been churning out cr4p for months, no, years now.

And our recruitment team of experts? Nobheads.

• Like 1

We’ve been circling the drain for a few years now. The absolute joke of a way they’ve run our club has made us a laughing stock. 

Having stayed up last season despite a terrible 2nd half to the season, it was so clear what needed to be done. We’ve tried to be too smart due to chronic arrogance and have completely shot our selves in the foot. All the board had to do was follow a few obvious steps (sign a striker, premier league keeper, number 10, competent new manager) and we did none of them. 

We fully deserve to go down and I can’t see how it won’t happen. I think we’ll be relegated well before the end of the season. We all have fond memories of the back to back promotions, but we need to remember the route down to league 1 rather than assume it will be like the good times of coming back up. 

On the basis they’ve messed everything else up, I can only assume next season will be as bad in the Championship. 

I’d say that whilst we’re rock bottom of the league, we’re a long way from rock bottom of where we are as a club. 

The owners deserve every financial hardship they will be suffering. I hope it hurts them as much as they are hurting the fans 

• Like 11

Just now, Doctoroncall said:

But didn't Ralph have a good calendar year before that?  Anyway, the summer was the point to either back him or sack him and they did neither.

Rubbish. For us, we had a big spend window and replaced all of his backroom

staff. 

• Like 1

Remember the optimism exactly one year ago. While there was always the risk of regression in a competitive league like the PL, never did I think it would get this bad. I also cant see how it improves in the short term.

I'm sure the agents of Orsic, Moffi, Alcaraz and whoever else we're looking at will be strongly advising their clients against a move to us as it is 95% certain they will be playing in a lower league next year

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Cascadia Saint said:

Adkins in

I'd not want my memories of Adkins tarnished by seeing him have to put up with this shambles. Far better for him to host seminars for us, so supporters can get some positivity from the other parts of their lives, while we slump for the rest of the season. NJ's team would be utterly useless, but thanks to Adkins, we'd all feel so great about everything else, it would soften the blow. 🙂

• Like 6

So frigging obvious that when you’re on a run like this you do everything to shore up the defence, not select shite like Lyanco. You have to grind out results by getting clean sheets first. Appointing Dyche would have brought this. Not too late. Sack Jones tonight. Won’t happen though. We’re going to drift down the leagues. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Not as angry as I thought it would be. Largely just Forest fans singing.

Boos at halftime and the end, a chant of "you don't know what you're doing" and some Saints fans joining in with Forest singing "you're getting sacked in the morning".

I expected worse at the end.

Our fans gave exactly as expected. Years of watching this shit has left us apathetic and a few boos is as bad as it’s ever going to get. Gone are the swing Lowe and branfoot protest era supporters.

• Like 2

Just now, SambaMaverick said:

Hopefully Fatmore will ask some tough questions for a change

Any likelihood that two of them will be:

"Lyanco. WTF do you pick him?"

"Nathan: do you actually have a fucking clue what you're doing?"

2 minutes ago, Suhari said:

Curious what the manager's post-match comments will be.

I told them to score more goals than the other team but they didn't listen.

He seems like when a non-football person is watching a game with football supporters and says stuff like, "why did he kick it to their player, why didn't he just kick it in the goal?".

Do what Palace did in 2017/18 on De Boer, admit they’ve made a mistake and just sack the manager now, he’s so clearly out of his depth is unreal. 

The players are a pile of wank, bottlejob wankers, but you can’t get rid of all of them. 

Go cap in hand to Dyche and get him in, any football he would serve up would be better than tonight. 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 0-1 Forest - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic