Saints 1-2 Grimsby: Match Thread

FarehamSaintJames

Just now, Whitey Grandad said:

We're at the ground and nobody here has got a clue about that so-called handball. Not even the players or the referee saw it.

Any clues?

It was 100% handball from Lyanco but there was one from the winger in the build up which they completely ignored.

• Like 2

Just now, Whitey Grandad said:

We're at the ground and nobody here has got a clue about that so-called handball. Not even the players or the referee saw it.

Any clues?

Yeah, it was handball.  Blatant pen. 

2 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Watching those celebrations, there is a small part of me who wants Grimsby to go through. At the risk of being condescending, it would mean a lot for them to go through and get a trip to a properly big team. We’ll just limply dribble out of the competition against anyone we play in the next round.

Completely agree. They’re what the Cup is all about. Not clueless, gutless and rudderless teams like ours. We are an absolute shambles, an embarrassment to the PL. I’m sorry but RS is not the answer.

• Like 3

Anybody fancy a go at being manager? Maybe rotate it week by week, a different fan taking the job each week. Couldn't be worse than what we're doing at the moment. Most of us seem to be able to see what the club can't.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Any clues?

Definite handball, it hit his arm when he was trying to use his head.

Obviously it wasn’t intentional and whilst his body movement was natural, it was just incompetence and ineptitude to not be able to defend that cross

Edited by nta786

4 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Any clues?

most obvious handball, kind of a joke it took the ref so long when he went to the screen

Lyanco tried to head the ball but it hit his hand, che adams esque v wolves. sums us up!

Edited by SotonianWill

What the fuck are the handball rules these days ?

Compare that one to the 2 West Ham ones that haven't been given lately, it makes no sense whatsoever.  Shit attempt at a header, but his arm was not exactly in an unnatural position.  

Having said that, we are still shit, apart from Lavia. 

I would imagine he is regretting not having tall Paul on the bench now.

• Like 1

That penalty decision left me bemused. I thought it was about being in a natural position, which lyanco's most certainly was.

Lots of Saints positivity in the middle third but the last third is truly hopeless. Who would have thought A.Armstrong scored a load of goals at lower league level. Mara's effort at the end was abysmal. Hopefully we put a few of the kids on.

• Like 1

If the teams stayed as there are, fancy Grimsby get a couple more second half. I’ve a feeling JWP will come on to save these useless twats and win 2-1. 

I exclude JWP, KWP and Lavia from the bad language, the rest would struggle to get into the Grimsby side. Even Perraud tonight who normally at least gives a shit.

I’ve seen better players than Mara in the Western League in Devon. Who the actual fuck deemed him worth £12m? I wouldn’t pay 12p.They need sacking but that goes 90% of the staff at the club top to bottom. Losers the lot of them. 

• Like 1

The real killer will be our total lack of urgency in the second half.  We will come out thinking we have plenty of time to turn it around and just play our normal 'patient' game.  Then in the last 5 minutes they'll realise that they need to get a grip, by then it'll be too late.  Seen it hundreds of times with these clowns.  

If I was the manager I'd be screaming at them in that dressing room that I want them to go all out and get back in the game quickly.  

• Like 1

The handball was not blatant, that's why the ref didn't see it. It also didn't hit his hand, those saying it hit his hand should go to Specsavers. But it clearly hit his upper arm as he stooped and missed his header. It was clearly a penalty on review, but certainly not in real time. It took a long time because they were checking for offside in the build up, but there was no way it was offside. Took a ridiculous amount of time but in the end the correct decision was reached. Bazunu might have got to the penalty 😉

We ain't gonna score in a month of Sundays, Mara is absolute dogshit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, saint1977 said:

If the teams stayed as there are, fancy Grimsby get a couple more second half. 

Look. We haven't been great. But this is nonsense. They had 28% of possession and their only shot on target was the penalty which we gave to them. It's what makes it even more frustrating that they got the penalty because they haven't looked like creating anything at all.

Well I thought there was some good build up down the right by KWP and some on the left as well, just not sharp in the final third. Stop just saying 'useless wankers' all the time - it's getting so very boring. We're all frustrated; team selection is baffling. yes, but confidence is low as there are constant changes to the team. They need time  but unfortunately it's too late. 

• Like 1

Just now, Micky said:

The real killer will be our total lack of urgency in the second half.  We will come out thinking we have plenty of time to turn it around and just play our normal 'patient' game.  Then in the last 5 minutes they'll realise that they need to get a grip, by then it'll be too late.  Seen it hundreds of times with these clowns.  

If I was the manager I'd be screaming at them in that dressing room that I want them to go all out and get back in the game quickly.  

It's that lack of urgency that has led to us being one down.  Every player should be in their faces, the pace of the game needs to double. It's all too wishy washy. Up the pace!!!!

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-2 Grimsby: Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic