Saints 2-0 Everton

johnnyboy

Saints 2-0 Everton  

294 members have voted

1. 1. MotM

Glad we were able to put Everton in their place. They were starting to become obnoxious and too big for their boots after just 5 games. Our easiest game so far.

Surprised Redmond got MOTD. He was decent but his finishing was horrible. JWP, Ings, Romeu and Adams more deserving IMO.

Edited by Disco Stu
  • Like 1

Great win, totally deserved. Everton offered very little. Not sure why people were panicking on the match thread in the second half because they barely had a shot. I can't recall McCarthy making a save apart from a free kick that went straight at him.

Romeu MOTM for me. Bossed the midfield. 

Might have a quick look at their forum now. Bet they aren't so smug now.

• Like 1

Really good result. Tactics we're spot on - neutralise Everton by forcing them to play through the middle and pressing their midfield.

I don't get the Redmond hate. He didnt have his best game on the ball but was good off it both going forwards and back.

Ward prowse or romeu motm for me - difficult to pick between them. I'd probably give it to jwp on the basis that he got a very good goal at the perfect time.

• Like 4

Fantastic team effort and good to see us being a bit more careful after we score.  my only criticism was Redmond how the hell did he get MOTM I thought he was poor.

As always it will be about Everton not having a good day rather than we were just too much for them in all departments. 

Between Che & Ings for  MOTM.

3 minutes ago, shurlock said:

Completely dominant performance against a dirty, overrated side - Vestergaard, Romeu, JWP, Ings all excellent. 

And not forgetting Redmond who was - utterly bizarrely - singled out by Alan Smith as MOTM. Anyway, whatever, excellent display, completely in control happy days.

2 minutes ago, doc oli said:

Marvellous. Bloody marvellous. And proper game management at the end. 

That was very nice to see. It's often said that it can be hard to play against 10 men, and we proved that at Spurs last season, but Everton barely touched the ball once Digne got himself sent off. 

Was lovely to watch us passing it around them, drawing petulant fouls and then passing at around them a bit more. 

Great to put one over on our bogey team especially as they sit top of the league. Their arrogant fans expected to stroll through this game and batter us so I'm sure they will be completely shell shocked not to mention gutted. Well played Saints and Ralph in turning a bad start to the season into a good one. 

It's unusual to see defensive midfielders with an 80 yard range of effectiveness; we have two.

It's unusual to see a striker contributing effectively at both ends of the pitch; we have two.

I love Ralph's style, and this team is maturing together rapidly.

Hard to pick a MOTM from such an excellent team performance, but I'll go with JWP. He's really becoming an elite player.

Edited by CanadaSaint
  • Like 3

Terrific, professional performance.

We look so dangerous when we move the ball quickly.

Loved Romeu: banging shots in, and high up the pitch, socks down, pulling the strings late on.

Credit to Ralph for the progress we're making.

• Like 2

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Saints 2-0 Everton
2 minutes ago, Secret Site Agent said:

Well done the boys. 

2 goals and Che coming good.

I bet on TV and in the media it won't be how good Saints were but al about how crap Everton were!!!

It already was all game. In the beginning it was all about Everton being top of the league and in the second half it was all about it's early days yet and how Saints are temporarily in the Top 5. Bunch of total wankers.

Most comfortable home win since we beat Everton 4-1 in what was the loony’s finest game. Surprised at Redmond getting MOTM although mainly his finishing iffy, level of industry was strong. Vest, Ings, Che, JWP, Berty, KWP, Stu and Romeu all very good games. McCarthy tidy when had to be although last half an hour he could have brought a book to read. 

• Like 1

Extremely satisfying, especially against those bellends. They were never in the game, it was oh so comfortable. Brilliant performance.

Also highlighted the gulf between Ings and Calvert-Lewin. They’re worlds apart. 

Edited by LGTL
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Cat said:

Redknapp is such a gimp. "Game's gone if that was a red card" he was saying. 

It wasn't the worst tackle in the world but it was the second or third time he had a go as KWP was getting away from him. No attempt to get the ball, just the player. Red card for stupidity as much as for dangerous play.

• Like 2

Proper performance. Controlled the game from start to finish, never in doubt. Everton woeful.

Redmond MoTM, never, what’s Smith on, crack cocaine? I thought him & Armstrong were probably our worst two (not that they were bad, just not as good as the rest). Vestergaard & Bednarek assured, both  full backs excellent & the central 2 very good, Ings & Adams looked sharp.

All in all a promising performance that lacked the mad panic of past 2-0 up with 10 to go performances. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Professional job in the second half - albeit the contest was over after Digne thought (and still thinks) he could surf on Walker-Peters' ankle.

Not sure how Redmond was Motm, as he decision making in the final third was appalling, but he kept going and started to look a bit more switched on the longer the game wore on. Prowse the best player - he was everywhere.

Lovely cameo from Diallo. Yes, it was ten minutes against ten men, but he looked smooth, confident and fit like a glove.

Everton are nowhere near the real deal. I thought they'd struggle with Richarlison missing. Their squad depth up front is shite and it showed. All they had up their sleeves was humping in crosses to Calvert-Lewin, and Vestergaard had his number all afternoon.

What a nice day it's turned out to be...

• Like 1