• Bednarek
    • Bertrand
    • JWP
    • Romeu
    • Armstrong
    • Djenepo
    • Adams
    • Walcott

McCarthy absolutely immense,could easily have lost by a few goals if not for him.  Nice finish by Theo...but yes awful miss as well. Overall, will take the point but do wish that we had went for it a bit more.  On to Man United, time to eat my birthday steak👍

Yep Theo there had to finish the game off completely with that chance.

The other negative for me is usually our fitness is next to none but we looked somewhat tired in the last 15-20 minutes there.

However- positive is the point- we didn’t lose to what is usually a very good Wolves side 

Also shout out to Macca in goal who kept us in it.

We are still 5th and keep the unbeaten momentum going on

Edited by nta786
Wolves aren’t in the Europa League

We didn't seem to have the spark and speed of pass of the last few games. Maybe due to the break?

Shame about the Walcott miss.

Would've taken a point beforehand of course, so can't complain. 

We can't be annoyed at staying 5th, surely?!

Just now, nta786 said:

Yep Theo there had to finish the game off completely with that chance.

The other negative for me is usually our fitness is next to none but we looked somewhat tired in the last 15-20 minutes there.

However- positive is the point- we didn’t lose to what is usually a very good Wolves side who let’s not forget are in the Europa League. 

Also shout out to Macca in goal who kept us in it.

We are still 5th and keep the unbeaten momentum going on

I hate to go MLG but Wolves aren't in Europe this season

Good game - but could have been a comfortable win with a decent finish from Walcott. Not the best game from our forward players (all 4 of them) in the second half which put a lot of pressure on the rest of the team. Wolves really went up a gear in the second half and deserved their point in the end.

Vestergaard my motm. McCarthy showing great saves and would have been my motm but for some piss poor distribution in the second half.

fair result given the chances on both sides and style of football.

Thought ref missed some blatant fouls, wolves looked better in 2nd half looked like we got overrun in midfield and couldnt retain possession.

Less said about Armstrong and Walker Peters losing the ball in the centre of the field in a dangerous positions the better.

• Like 1

Great to see Theo score and a good point, but yes, that miss clean through was frustrating. Wolves better second half and deserved something. McCarthy very good, back 4 decent, Berty coped with Traore well, KWP played well bar one silly giveaway after beating two, Vesty very good, Bed ok but couple of ropey moments. Romeu and Armstrong best of the midfield, Djenepo tracked back well, JWP decent but not 100% his normal energy level which understandable given the precaution with his hamstring. Adams decent but would like to see him take more gambles on the far post, good assist for Theo. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Suhari said:

We didn't seem to have the spark and speed of pass of the last few games. Maybe due to the break?

Shame about the Walcott miss.

Would've taken a point beforehand of course, so can't complain. 

We can't be annoyed at staying 5th, surely?!

Nobody is congratulating Theo for putting us into the lead. His first goal for us, and there will be more! Well done Theo.

• Like 2

Very good point and would've happily taken that before kick off. Tough place to visit and come away with anything. Didn't see Theo's miss as my stream froze, but am getting the picture!! More than happy to be fifth after the way the season started, didn;t look too promising after Spurs and Brentford......COYR!

• Like 1

More than happy with a point, as Theo said in his pre-match, almost feels like a win. McCarthy kept us in it no doubt, really good from him. Didn’t think the whole side were at their best tonight, a bit sloppy. And Djenepo still struggles IMO. But overall cannot complain, they put in a shift and ground out a very good result.

could have won, but lucky to get a point. McCarthy was outstanding.  I'm not used to having so little to moan about, but if we are brutally honest, we didn't create much. We gave the ball away more than normal. Wolves are a half decent side with a shed load of high quality players. A point is a good one.

• Like 1

It was a good point in a very tight game. Two very similar sides in terms of quality, no reasons why we both shouldn't be there or there around each other come the end of the season. We look very evenly matched.

We had our chances, they had their chances, although I think their chances were better and our GK was worked much more - so for that reason alone, I'll take the point. Fair result.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

It was a good point in a very tight game. Two very similar sides in terms of quality, no reasons why we both shouldn't be there or there around each other come the end of the season. We look very evenly matched.

We had our chances, they had their chances, although I think their chances were better and our GK was worked much more - so for that reason alone, I'll take the point. Fair result.

Agreed. And if we can get Ings back and firing in a few weeks then we might finish above them. 

Tough game.

Knew we would not play great football after the first 15 minutes as Wolves shut down the supply from Romeu and JWP.

Thought Che did well while Armstrong should of come off around 80 minutes plus Long was useless. Only on the pitch for his heading ability IMHO.