The Minsk Memorial Thread (and continuation of his work)

Minsk

So here's my attempt to carry on Minsk's great work. It won't be as good but I'd enjoy seeing the scores move each game, so I hope you do as well!

Match Day 23

Match Day Comparison:

Last season we lost at home to Wolves (2-1). So last night's stunning result almost brings us down to 0. Win on Saturday and we would have officially turned the comparative corner.

-1 points; +1 GD

Head-to-Head Comparison:

Last season we lost this fixture 2-1, so the win increases our points and GD here too.

+15 points; +13 GD

Next up on Match Day 24 is an away trip to Old Trafford (Saturday 12.30 KO on BT Sports). Last season's Head to Head was the infamous, second 9-0 and in the Match Day Comparison we achieved a creditable home draw against Chelsea.

I read an article that rated our remaining games as second easiest (with Brighton the most easy) so you'd expect our points difference in both categories to carry on improving!

COYRs!

• Like 18

58 minutes ago, the boy from saints said:

So here's my attempt to carry on Minsk's great work. It won't be as good but I'd enjoy seeing the scores move each game, so I hope you do as well!

Match Day 23

Match Day Comparison:

Last season we lost at home to Wolves (2-1). So last night's stunning result almost brings us down to 0. Win on Saturday and we would have officially turned the comparative corner.

-1 points; +1 GD

Head-to-Head Comparison:

Last season we lost this fixture 2-1, so the win increases our points and GD here too.

+15 points; +13 GD

Next up on Match Day 24 is an away trip to Old Trafford (Saturday 12.30 KO on BT Sports). Last season's Head to Head was the infamous, second 9-0 and in the Match Day Comparison we achieved a creditable home draw against Chelsea.

I read an article that rated our remaining games as second easiest (with Brighton the most easy) so you'd expect our points difference in both categories to carry on improving!

COYRs!

👏 well done.

• Like 1

On 01/02/2022 at 19:12, Minsk said:

Terminal disease mate. Feels like reaching endgame. No more power. Apologies to all I upset on here. Saints fan forever. x

Thank you for this thread. I'm sure there are many people grateful to you for things you have done in your life. Good luck with the time you have left. 

• Like 3

On 10/02/2022 at 18:31, the boy from saints said:

Match Day 23

Match Day Comparison:

-1 points; +1 GD

Head-to-Head Comparison:

+15 points; +13 GD

COYRs!

Thank you for continuing the good work Minsk has put in, would have been a shame to see it wasted.

It's so positive looking at this though, the head to head comparison is kind of suggestive that we may end up in the 50's points wise this year. I didn't see that and I thought we'd struggle without Ings goals, but credit to the scouting as we've filled the hole better than I could have imagined.

• Like 1

Not to dampen the mood for everyone but I thought that you all would want to know. Minsk passed away on the 8th. I'm sure that he watched the game from where ever he is right now. Hope we do well this season. - Minsk's daughter

• Like 26
  • Sad 76

1 minute ago, Minsk said:

Not to dampen the mood for everyone but I thought that you all would want to know. Minsk passed away on the 8th. I'm sure that he watched the game from where ever he is right now. Hope we do well this season. - Minsk's daughter

So, so sorry to hear your dreadfully sad news. Another Saint in heaven. Our heartfelt condolences to you and your family ❤️

Edited by trousers
  • Like 19
  • Sad 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to The Minsk Memorial Thread (and continuation of his work)
  • Lighthouse pinned this topic
1 hour ago, Minsk said:

Really really sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you and the family.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Minsk said:

I’m so sorry for your loss, he seemed a wonderful bloke.

Thank you for coming on and letting us know.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

We'll make it sticky for a bit so that everyone knows. A real shame the old boy couldn't hang around for another four days, my condolences to his family.

For the record, I think 1-1 is an improvement on last season's fixture but I can't remember how that one went.

Cheers for renaming the thread ❤️👍

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Minsk said:

My sincerest condolences to you and your family. Such horribly sad news. God bless you Minsk. Forever a Saint. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Minsk said:

Such sad news. Condolences to you and the family.

RIP Minsk

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Minsk said:

I'm so sorry to hear this. Minsk was a great Saint and his contributions to this board have been appreciated by so many.

Condolences to you and your family. I've never met Minsk but I'm typing this with a lump in my throat trying to stop tears from welling up.

He's up there with the Saints now! 

Rest in peace Minsk.

• Like 15

7 hours ago, Minsk said:

Sincere condolences to you and your family. 

Edited by stknowle
  • Like 4

So so sorry to get this news. Minsk was a regular on here for as long as I can remember, and he always came across as thoughtful and knowledgeable. Definitely one of the posters that made this place worth sticking around. 

I've always said that I could go to my grave happy if I go with the knowledge that I have made a positive impact on at least one person in the world, and I hope Minsk knew that he achieved just that with his valuable contributions to this community over the years. 

Rest in peace mate. 

Edited by Sheaf Saint
  • Like 13

3 hours ago, Minsk said:

So sorry to hear this news. Our thoughts are with you, the rest of his family and his friends at this difficult time.

Thank you so much for letting us know, as I'm sure he's been in the thoughts of many of us since he shared his news.

Minsk's posts have been a highlight to posters and lurkers alike here. We'll miss his voice, but know that it will still be heard in every Saints cheer.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Saint Keef said:

It doesn't matter what differences of opinion we have on here, at the end of the day we are all members of the same "Saints Family" and although most of us will never have met Minsk, he is still one of us. Always has been. Always will be. RIP fella. Peace & Love. 

Absolutely, rest in peace my friend 

• Like 2