The Minsk Memorial Thread (and continuation of his work)

Minsk

1 hour ago, Minsk said:

Terminal disease mate. Feels like reaching endgame. No more power. Apologies to all I upset on here. Saints fan forever. x

Tragic news. I have no words, but my thoughts and kindness are with you and your family.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Micky said:

Absolutely none required Minsk.  If all views were the same, this would be a really boring board.  Your contributions have enriched all of our experiences here, for that I thank you.  I wish you all the best. 

I can only echo this Minsk, and extend my sincerest sympathies and thanks for your contribution to this community over the years. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Minsk said:

Hi guys. Can somebody please take over this thread. Won't be able to do it any more. Enjoy the rest on the season and all seasons to come. It's been fun. All the best Minsk.

SOYS

Prayers out to you Minsk 🙏 , good vibes for a great fan and poster! MARCH ON MINSK!!

2 hours ago, Minsk said:

Terminal disease mate. Feels like reaching endgame. No more power. Apologies to all I upset on here. Saints fan forever. x

I'm really sad to hear that. You've been on here for years and I've always enjoyed your contributions. Not really sure what to say at times like this but you're in my thoughts and I hope you're comfortable. 

3 hours ago, Minsk said:

You are a Saint and will forever be so. All the best to you in the time you have. Remember that you have blessed the communities and people you have spent time in and with, and have and will leave an indelible imprint on many people's lives.

Keep marching on x

• Like 4

Sorry to hear Minsk and I hope Saints can keep making you smile. 

This is a great thread... when you said you were stopping it for a minute I thought maybe another forum had signed you up on deadline day! I hope someone can keep it going.

Sorry to hear your news - 15 years you’ve been chipping away on here - no doubt like everyone on here, some of it complete cobblers, but still a rich thread in the fabric of this funny old place.

Safe onward journey Sir 😇

Edited by John Boy Saint
Can’t spell cos my keys are blurry
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Minsk said:

So sorry to read this terrible news. I’ve always enjoyed your posts and as Saints fans we stand together. No words are good enough, but I sincerely wish you and your family the best going forwards.

• Like 1

Really sorry to hear your news Minsk. Hope that you're not in pain and able to continue to enjoy The Saints wherever you nmay be.

I've been a long-standing lerker onthis forum and always found your posts thoughtful and insightful, as well as enjoying this thread, so wanted to find my login details just to post this and say Thanks.

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about your illness Minsk.  I hope that you find some positivity during the rest of your days and that Saints can give you a few bright spots in that time.  Thanks for doing this thread, I hope it lives on in your memory.

On 01/02/2022 at 19:12, Minsk said:

Very sad news Minsk. Wishing you all the best for the time you've got and ofc hoping you pull through somehow. As other have said, always enjoy reading your posts and hopefully there is many more of them to come. 

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 1

All we can do in this life, Minsk, is care for our families and try to touch those around us in positive ways. That's how our lives are judged - and that's how we judge our own lives - because we can't control the other stuff. Based on how you've always come across on here, I have no doubt that you have much joy to reflect on. I send some brotherly love to you, and an electronic hug to your family.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, the boy from saints said:

If you wouldn't mind sending over the spreadsheet then I will give it a go to keep it updated Minsk. My email is tbfs25@ntlworld.com. Cheers!

Cheers fella. No spreadsheet. I go at it blind, cross referencing with official website and/or soccerbase. Do the math from previous gameweek.

• Like 1

Only just seen this @Minsk , but can only reiterate what others have already said. One of the better posters on here, not sure when you joined but you seem to have always be around.  Sometimes we forget that online personas are actually real people with real problems and real families. Easy to say from here but keep fighting and keep hoping. 🤞

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Wurzel said:

Only just seen this @Minsk , but can only reiterate what others have already said. One of the better posters on here, not sure when you joined but you seem to have always be around.  Sometimes we forget that online personas are actually real people with real problems and real families. Easy to say from here but keep fighting and keep hoping. 🤞

Minsk has been around since pretty much the forum started (2006 according to his profile as my memory is foggy as ever). 

@Minsk good luck bud, and stay strong. 

On 04/02/2022 at 16:06, Minsk said:

Cheers fella. No spreadsheet. I go at it blind, cross referencing with official website and/or soccerbase. Do the math from previous gameweek.

Oh cool! Well I'll do my best! It was such a great idea and I'm looking forward to seeing our comparable scores improve as surely we won't implode like the second half of last season!

On 24/01/2022 at 10:08, Minsk said:

Match Day 22

Match Day Comparison:

Last season we lost this match day 3-2 away to Newcastle. Saturday's draw sees improvement in both points and GD.

-4 points; 0 GD

Head-to-Head Comparison:

Last season we lost this fixture 1-0. The 1-1 draw means gains in points and GD here too.

+12 points; +12 GD

Next up on Match Day 23 is an away trip to the North London Yobbos (Wednesday 9th Feb; 7.45; BT Sports). Last season we lost 2-1 away to Spurs. We also lost match day 23 by the same score, at home to Wolves.

Spurs are having a strange season, but are still sat up in 7th. Conte has got them better organised and Kane has remembered how to score again. That said, in all honesty, I really wish we were playing them this week and not in 2 weeks time. No doubt by then Son will be back and they would have signed a player or 2. Not going to call it just yet but, right now, see no reason why we couldn't get something from this one. Just best not to go in with expectation I suppose.

COYS

After such an unexpected and satisfying 3 points, I read the match day thread from just before HT all the way through to the end, and then thought I'd treat myself to having a look on here. OK then, I'll have a go at this.

Match Day 23

Match Day Comparison : -1 points, +2 GD

Head-to-Head: +15 points, +14 GD

Next up: Manchester United for match day 24. Last season, Saints' corresponding match day was a 1-1 draw against Chelsea, earning our first point after a run of six straight defeats following that emotional win against Liverpool. Buried among that collection of defeats was our away match at Old Trafford which yielded... a 0-9 defeat, according to last season's wiki. Distant memory for me at this point in time. COYS!

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

After such an unexpected and satisfying 3 points, I read the match day thread from just before HT all the way through to the end, and then thought I'd treat myself to having a look on here. OK then, I'll have a go at this.

Match Day 23

Next up: Manchester United for match day 24. Last season, Saints' corresponding match day was a 1-1 draw against Chelsea, earning our first point after a run of six straight defeats following that emotional win against Liverpool. Buried among that collection of defeats was our away match at Old Trafford which yielded... a 0-9 defeat, according to last season's wiki. Distant memory for me at this point in time. COYS!

Incredible that we could lose 8-0 and still improve our head to head goal difference 😂

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

Match Day 23

Thanks very much for keeping the thread going. And a shout out to Minsk, who's still very much in our thoughts.

I saw that we have some fixtures coming up against some teams below us. So that Match Day Comparison is looking all the better.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Thanks very much for keeping the thread going. And a shout out to Minsk, who's still very much in our thoughts.

I saw that we have some fixtures coming up against some teams below us. So that Match Day Comparison is looking all the better.

When I spotted that upcoming group of six fixtures a few weeks ago it consisted of the only sides below us in the table minus Newcastle, and we were 13th. It must have been years since we had such a kind run in the calendar so on one level, I'm really looking forward to them. On the other hand, we're watching Saints and we can't get complacent as supporters and start counting our chickens. It is coming to the time of year when the relegation-threatened teams finally start picking up results as they make a serious effort to claw out of trouble, so I'm personally expecting at least a couple of results similar to our Norwich debacle.

• Lighthouse changed the title to The Minsk Memorial Thread (and continuation of his work)
  • Lighthouse pinned this topic
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic