Spurs 2-3 Saints - Match Thread

NewYorkSaint

3 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

Interesting question.. does Tino get back in this side? Perraud was man of the match tonight. Finally showing quality in the final third. He was like a prime Dani Alves tonight!

That's easy for me. No. Tino's time will come but we look much better balanced with a left back at left back and KWP - who is better than Tino at this particular point in their respective careers - in his natural position.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Teddeer said:

Isn't it fantastic when justice is done. We thoroughly deserved that win having outplayed them for large chunks of the game. How we don't get a free kick for the assault on Broja leading to their second goal needs to be explained by the referee's union. To come back from that and score two superb headed goals is karma at its best. The whole team played superbly but a special word for Stuart Armstrong - now he is getting his fitness back he gives us another dimension. Brilliant Saints and so deserved on that performance.

Got to have that energy, pace and off the ball stuff that Armstrong offers. We have missed him badly. 

Could not fault the side. Was really impressed by Forster, KWP...the lot of them really. We won't play like that every game, but will enjoy this one.

• Like 4

Absolute immense performances all over the pitch tonight. One of the best performances I can remember for a long time. Loved Ralph’s passion tonight and getting one over conte obviously meant quite a bit. Talking of conte, what a complete cumpt he is. And as for the foul on Borja, what was var looking at. But a very happy and proud saints fan.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, stknowle said:

That's easy for me. No. Tino's time will come but we look much better balanced with a left back at left back and KWP - who is better than Tino at this particular point in their respective careers - in his natural position.

If Tino's fully fit for the weekend i think there could be an argument that he's fresher than KWP/Perraud but i certainly think they odd situation where Livramento played every minute of first half of season shouldn't re-occur whilst we've got 3 good players.

Just now, Baird of the land said:

If Tino's fully fit for the weekend i think there could be an argument that he's fresher than KWP/Perraud but i certainly think they odd situation where Livramento played every minute of first half of season shouldn't re-occur whilst we've got 3 good players.

Only issue is if Perraud worked himself too hard today, but KWP looked absolutely fine all game long. 

I’m absolutely beaming, I can’t stop grinning, I’m out of breath; that was one of the most enjoyable games I’ve seen in the Premier League and for us to win as well in that fashion is fantastic!

And this RH interview, look at him, his passion and love for this club and this job! 

Every one of those players tonight was an 8/10 or above (aside from Bednarek OG). 

So proud! ☺️

• Like 4

Absolutely no passengers out yhere today pretty much any of them could have got MOTM and you wouldn't hear too many complaints. 

Some of our passing especially 1st half was as good as I've seen, quick crisp and concise. 

Captain fantastic god is he even human? Got to be the fittest player ever in the Prem.

We really deserved that, no pen awarded, couple very hefty challenges on KWP & Broja in build up to there 2nd. VAR offsides were both correct and clear.

Very happy we thoroughly deserved that. Let's hope we got something left in the tank for Saturday maximum effort today lads did us proud. 

• Like 2

That was superb!

Had to fight the refs lame decisions along the way as well. 

And good to see us getting in the refs face, showing him how to do his job......even though he didn't relent.

We've taken four points from the yobs this season. Good job, good job indeed. 

UTS

Edited by LiberalCommunist
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Maybe we can fit Tino ahead of KWP on the wing, although I'd want to see both Armstrong and Elly involved

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

Only issue is if Perraud worked himself too hard today, but KWP looked absolutely fine all game long. 

Yeah i assume the club will have all the biometrics on recovery etc to decide it. If someone does drop out i'd expect it to be Perraud as KWP is our top fullback back imo and seems to have a great engine.

1 minute ago, StrangelyBrown said:

Elynoussi deserves a lot of credit - what an intelligent performance today.

Great team performance.

love the physicality and work ethic of Che and broja up top.

Forster also worth a mention.

Best game for us, deserves his goal. Everyone one of them bloody brilliant 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StrangelyBrown said:

Elynoussi deserves a lot of credit - what an intelligent performance today.

Great team performance.

love the physicality and work ethic of Che and broja up top.

Forster also worth a mention.

Think he's a player that in a bad team looks worse but now we've got a better team we're able to see the fruits of his positive attributes more.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Spurs 2-3 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic