Spurs 2-3 Saints - Match Thread

NewYorkSaint

Gutted by that. I was determined not to type "rue our chances." But I caved, and we went up and scored two... 🙂

Oh, the game...

So many chances first half. But we allow teams to reset and counter for second halfs. But we were well worth that win overall.

We worked harder, and wanted it more as a team. Conte can rant all he wnats on the touchline, but that's the sort of graft and spirit his lot lack. Not only that, we play some lovely stuff along the way.

JWP and Stu were my stand outs, but there were lots of solid performances out there. Form Forster in goal onwards.

Thrilled to bits. Oh and no sign the players are packing it in off the back of Ralph's Kicker article either. 🙂

• Like 1

Fabulous first half by saints. Tore spurs apart just minus a little touch of luck and finishing.

Great response to the (feeling of injustice for spurs second. Now Broja may have been backing in slightly(so ref said no foul) but its still a head injury and should have been stopped instantly.

Equally glad Spurs rested on their laurels thinking they'd won it because they had all the momentum and all the fresh legs. I still think Diallo could have been on much earlier but they ended up making me look like an idiot for screaming for it from the 60 minute mark onwards..

Capped off my the late accidental offside that saved saints the win when spurs fans and players thought they'd equalised.

Adam Armstrong even further in the cold when Walcott is preferred to him as a late harrier.

Edited by Baird of the land
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, igsey said:

Everybody on Reddit is complaining about Spurs' second goal after the blatant foul on Broja, so it's good to know we're not incensed because of our rose-and-white-tinted spectacles.

still fuming about that. Ref mist have had a poor angle or simply didnt look properly. Clear foul from the main camera angle.

• Like 2

Isn't it fantastic when justice is done. We thoroughly deserved that win having outplayed them for large chunks of the game. How we don't get a free kick for the assault on Broja leading to their second goal needs to be explained by the referee's union. To come back from that and score two superb headed goals is karma at its best. The whole team played superbly but a special word for Stuart Armstrong - now he is getting his fitness back he gives us another dimension. Brilliant Saints and so deserved on that performance.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

Interesting question.. does Tino get back in this side? Perraud was man of the match tonight. Finally showing quality in the final third. He was like a prime Dani Alves tonight!

Absolutely not, this is the first choice team now without a doubt. 

• Like 4

Best win under Ralph taking all of the factors into account. Great character after the setback for their second goal which was a foul. VAR doing its job in injury time. Excellent performances, Stu, JWP and Perraud the best but Fraser, Broja really good. They all deserve great credit, KWP must be very happy about now. 

Edited by saint1977
  • Like 1

Got to say, the team looked very fresh. For all those moaning about the team selection on Saturday, Ralph got it spot on. 

Love the Energy Stu brings that midfield and the difference having Broja up front is amazing. It just sticks. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

Interesting question.. does Tino get back in this side? Perraud was man of the match tonight. Finally showing quality in the final third. He was like a prime Dani Alves tonight!

He does not for me, outside naturally just having to rest players. I think we're considerably better balanced by having KWP on the right and Perraud on the left. That's not to say Tino can't get lots of sub minutes and starts if the fixtures are looking congested. No reason not to be able to keep all 3 fairly happy, with Small looking to develop in the months to come, and Valery more of a CB option at the moment.

• Like 8

• Lighthouse changed the title to Spurs 2-3 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic