Brighton 3-1 Saints - Match Thread

Pamplemousse

Would be great if Tino could get some minutes before the end of the season, though from what I’ve read it sounds like me unrealistic to expect anything more than a cameo appearance.

Definitely need to start filling the bench with some of the kids, even if it’s only to given them 10-15 minutes at the end of a game. Also make sure players who are definitely staying are involved, we can give up on the likes of Theo and Elmo.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Would be great if Tino could get some minutes before the end of the season, though from what I’ve read it sounds like me unrealistic to expect anything more than a cameo appearance.

Definitely need to start filling the bench with some of the kids, even if it’s only to given them 10-15 minutes at the end of a game. Also make sure players who are definitely staying are involved, we can give up on the likes of Theo and Elmo.

What is it you think any of them would gain from that, Tino included? Chucking a bunch of kids who aren’t ready on for 20 minutes, at the end of another 0-5 and watching them get booed off at the end is of no help to anyone. Let the useless players who’ve played the other 36 games deal with it and start fresh in August.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

What is it you think any of them would gain from that, Tino included? Chucking a bunch of kids who aren’t ready on for 20 minutes, at the end of another 0-5 and watching them get booed off at the end is of no help to anyone. Let the useless players who’ve played the other 36 games deal with it and start fresh in August.

For Tino, not much for him, just would be nice for fans to see him get back on a pitch and come out of it unscathed. I don’t think he’ll be risked though.

For the kids, there’s absolutely nothing to be lost by getting them involved with the first team squad. Nothing to lose at all, and if anything it might actually give them a little bit of a feel good factor after a year where we’ve had a bloated squad and very little sight of the youngsters. As reported by the athletic and various other outlets there’s been concern that the path to the first team squad has just not materialised, we’ve spent huge amounts on players and some of those signings have just ended up going training with the kids. So if it gives the kids just the tiniest bit of reassurance then I don’t see it as a bad thing personally.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, SW11_Saint said:

Rasmus Ankersen fancy dress…? 😈

We could all go in plaster casts, after deliberately breaking a bone, after all,  “if it ain’t broke, consider breaking it” This would be a fitting tribute I feel. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Kraken said:

For Tino, not much for him, just would be nice for fans to see him get back on a pitch and come out of it unscathed. I don’t think he’ll be risked though.

For the kids, there’s absolutely nothing to be lost by getting them involved with the first team squad. Nothing to lose at all, and if anything it might actually give them a little bit of a feel good factor after a year where we’ve had a bloated squad and very little sight of the youngsters. As reported by the athletic and various other outlets there’s been concern that the path to the first team squad has just not materialised, we’ve spent huge amounts on players and some of those signings have just ended up going training with the kids. So if it gives the kids just the tiniest bit of reassurance then I don’t see it as a bad thing personally.

Totally agree.

3 hours ago, The Cat said:

I imagine the away end will be quite fun so am looking forward to that part of it and a few beers.

I was going to go on the Saturday but can't be doing with a Sunday lunchtime trip, trains are a mess so got to be coach or road, can't see our end being that lively unfortunately, but still big respect to the 3000 travelling, sold out 

Edited by JRM

2 hours ago, JRM said:

I was going to go on the Saturday but can't be doing with a Sunday lunchtime trip, trains are a mess so got to be coach or road, can't see our end being that lively unfortunately, but still big respect to the 3000 travelling, sold out 

Exactly the same. We were all planning for the Saturday but few of us pulled out as trains terrible.

if Brighton beat Newcastle on Thursday and hope they do then will be more than happy to be giving them another 3 points. Long shot but be brilliant if they got a CL spot

16 hours ago, The Kraken said:

No, don't make him return to the scene of the crime for his first game back. That pitch has got a taste for his blood.

I wouldnt be picking any of these twats who have referred to the club as "they" in their bounce back statements, especially not JWP who, as captain, should never use the word "they" to describe anything to do with Southampton FC. 

Edited by beatlesaint
  • Like 1

On 15/05/2023 at 00:23, Tricky said:

I have a couple of tickets available at cost price, if any interested let me know? 

Hi mate - I'm looking for a single if it's still available

Edited by colman1860
Got one

Having thought about it, perhaps this should be the time to just let the youngsters enjoy the experience of no expectations and show people what they’re capable of. Drop all the shit players who are leaving, although that would leave less options I guess! 

However, Selles will still be trying to show that he’s up to the job so expect two banks of five to stop us conceding early, before conceding and getting absolutely tonked. Silver lining would be Brighton being closer to finishing above Spurs in the table. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

I'd go with: 

Bazunu

Bree Bednarek Lyanco KWP

JWP Lavia

Sulemena Alcaraz Edozie

Adams

Mate, you could go with Snow White and the seven fucking dwarfs and if wouldn't make a blind bit of difference...! 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brighton 3-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic