Kyle Walker-Peters

Saint-Armstrong

10 hours ago, the saint in winchester said:

True. Spurs fan in the office says Levy doesn't suffer fools gladly, and that Mourinho is acting like a fool. He thinks JM may be released at the end of the season. Spurs may put a lock on outgoings until a potential new manager has assessed the squad.

His picked some pretty poor managers for someone who ‘ doesn’t suffer fools gladly”. He also blew it when they needed to kick on and actually spend some money. He’s more myth than genius imo. Over rated. For all the hype, it’s still same old Tottenham. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Overall walker peters is already better than Valery, I think anything under 15 million and he is a decent buy, not sure spurs will let him go at the moment especially when he has put in some decent performances for us 

I'd be amazed if he was not here next season. The way he has presented himself both on and off the pitch since coming here is that of someone that is here to stay. I've been wrong before though.

1 hour ago, Chez said:

I'd be amazed if he was not here next season. The way he has presented himself both on and off the pitch since coming here is that of someone that is here to stay. I've been wrong before though.

Maybe, but very poor today. Hopefully just an off day, and he doesn't think he's done enough to have secured a move. Surprised he wasn't subbed. Deffo not worth £15M

He had a poor game last night (the first one since he signed). First goal he got attracted to the ball and for the second he's gotta show Martial down the outside. Having said that Stephens doesn't cover himself in glory for both goals either. One positive is he did have a better second half and I do think he's been good going forward. 

Slightly harsh on him. For the first he naturally comes narrow and when it looks like Stephens has been turned he comes inside even further to support him. That leaves Rashford with too much space. As a CB you'd expect the fullback to be there to help out right in front of goal not stuck out wide marking the winger. For the second he perhaps should have shown Martial outside more, but it was all at pace and he didn't get it quite right. Stephens could have provided a bit more support, but not sure he could do a lot to be honest. When teams attack at pace defences make mistakes. 

On the ball I thought he looks excellent again. He is extremely comfortable and willing to go past a player, move into space, come inside...the lot. He is much better with the ball than I remember. I just wonder if his confidence grows further we might have a very influential attacking fullback on our hands. Whether he is quite tight enough in defence I am not sure. I've seen a few things like getting under crosses that worry me, but overall its been a very successful loan so far.

I like him in a technical sense, uses the ball well and is very skilful and agile in his movement. Little bit lapse defensively, but he actually reminds me of Clyne when he first joined us. Clyne wasn't the finished article when he first started with us, and lots of teams targeted his lack of height and strength at the near post. He got better at that though through strong coaching by MP and co.

'If' we could get him for under £10m then I'd start talking, but anything near the 15m mark and I think there is probably someone in Europe who is much more of a finished article defensively that would be better value. This is such a key position for us to get right this year.

Given how we play, the full backs are absolutely pivotal to the setup. Both in terms of recovery pace and attacking capabilities.

Edited by S-Clarke

51 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I like him in a technical sense, uses the ball well and is very skilful and agile in his movement. Little bit lapse defensively, but he actually reminds me of Clyne when he first joined us. Clyne wasn't the finished article when he first started with us, and lots of teams targeted his lack of height and strength at the near post. He got better at that though through strong coaching by MP and co.

'If' we could get him for under £10m then I'd start talking, but anything near the 15m mark and I think there is probably someone in Europe who is much more of a finished article defensively that would be better value. This is such a key position for us to get right this year.

Given how we play, the full backs are absolutely pivotal to the setup. Both in terms of recovery pace and attacking capabilities.

Tbh I'd be quite happy to sign KWP for 12/15 Million, he is a known quality and someone that Ralph trusts. He also will have a head start with out system and how to play. That is going to.make him quite pivotal to us next season, he is still young also and will improve. I think we just bring him in, I think he is fantastic.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

£10m is a no brainer. But as you say, no chance Levy will deal at £10m.

Wonder what would be considered a good cash plus KWP deal for PEH? £15m plus KWP?

You would have thought we would have a option to buy in the loan deal. Surprised that we didnt

11 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

I suppose it depends on how Ralph views Valery and/or whether money stretches that far.

In an ideal world, Valery would get a year out on loan somewhere as think he really needs it. But I can't see the budget stretching to 2x RB's this summer, so he'll probably have to continue to learn on the job. 

16 hours ago, davefizzy14 said:

Hopefully we will get it done. KWP at £10m would be an absolute steal.

Would prefer Zeefuik for the suggested £4-5m. he would appear to offer a bit more strength and speed than KWP.

This deal makes sense broadly, without knowing the specifics of how each player will be valued.

KWP is technically very good, looks fit and suited to the Manager's style and importantly is used to PL football and playing for Saints so there is much less risk than in many of our deals. Zeefuik for example, may settle, may not and if he didnt then we are stuffed again.

Also surely this deal can be completed quickly - and that suits everyone involved.

Edited by Dusic
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Scully said:

Offloading hoj for kwp would be an absolute win

This is a full Danish international you're talking of, against a bloke of 23 with what 20-30 Premiership starts to his name ?

It depends entirely on the £m coming our way, and what the "weighting" is in the valuation put on KWP. But "absolute win", I doubt it.

I'm not convinced that KWP is a £10m player on the strength of some reasonable - but not spectacular -displays to date.

We seem to have a history of allowing the norf London yobbo's to sell us short, don't be surprised if it happens again.

Edited by Badger

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

Depends entirely on the £m coming our way, and what the "weighting" is in the valuation put on KWP. 

I'm not convinced that KWP is a £10m player on the strength of some reasonable - but not spectacular -displays to date.

We seem to have a history of allowing the norf London yobbo's to sell us short, don't be surprised if it happens again.

So if it happens what would constitute not being done over in your opinion? KWP + £?? for PEH

11 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

So if it happens what would constitute not being done over in your opinion? KWP + £?? for PEH

I would hope we get £20-£25m  without a player exchange, if KWP is on top of that so be it.

On 15/07/2020 at 15:51, ErwinK1961 said:

In an ideal world, Valery would get a year out on loan somewhere as think he really needs it. But I can't see the budget stretching to 2x RB's this summer, so he'll probably have to continue to learn on the job. 

Valery is total gash imo, looks clueless naive and nonchalant all at the same time.

not really sure what Ralph saw in him. As when Cedric came back after being loaned out to make space for valery even he was a decent upgrade in comparison.

18 hours ago, Badger said:

I would hope we get £20-£25m  without a player exchange, if KWP is on top of that so be it.

I must be reading this under the influence of psychedelic narcotics.
£20-£25m plus KWP on top! Blimey pull that Rabbit out of the hat would be like that American who bought, paid and was shipped London Bridge when what he thought he was buying was Tower Bridge. 

If it was picking teams in the school playground and the last 2 kids were PEH and KWP - it would be KWP all day long, his brain works so much faster to start with - you can trust him with the ball. PEH, it was mentioned last night was a pet project for Pep at Bayern yet we snapped him up for £10m? I’ve watched pretty much every home game he has played in and can’t recall driving home after a game thinking blimey he had a cracking game today. Last night we are pressing for the win PEH attempts a cross field pass straight to a Brighton player he’s just stood there admonishing himself, Brighton are on their toes down the pitch with half our team facing the wrong way! Monday night at United KWP looses the ball out on the wing cheaply leaving him on the his hands and knees on the floor, mere seconds later he has ball back at his feet having corrected his error gone after it leaving the Man U player In a heap on the floor legally. 

As I am still smacked up on illicit substances PEH looks more likely the makeweight in us getting KWP from Spurs - if Ralph wants him. 

18 minutes ago, John Boy Saint said:

I must be reading this under the influence of psychedelic narcotics.
£20-£25m plus KWP on top! Blimey pull that Rabbit out of the hat would be like that American who bought, paid and was shipped London Bridge when what he thought he was buying was Tower Bridge

If it was picking teams in the school playground and the last 2 kids were PEH and KWP - it would be KWP all day long, his brain works so much faster to start with - you can trust him with the ball. PEH, it was mentioned last night was a pet project for Pep at Bayern yet we snapped him up for £10m? I’ve watched pretty much every home game he has played in and can’t recall driving home after a game thinking blimey he had a cracking game today. Last night we are pressing for the win PEH attempts a cross field pass straight to a Brighton player he’s just stood there admonishing himself, Brighton are on their toes down the pitch with half our team facing the wrong way! Monday night at United KWP looses the ball out on the wing cheaply leaving him on the his hands and knees on the floor, mere seconds later he has ball back at his feet having corrected his error gone after it leaving the Man U player In a heap on the floor legally. 

As I am still smacked up on illicit substances PEH looks more likely the makeweight in us getting KWP from Spurs - if Ralph wants him. 

Apologies for getting all pedantic but that's an urban myth and never happened.  Must be all those drugs n stuff.  Anyway, I agree would be a superb deal if it happened and not sure why PEH has (it seems) Spurs and Everton fighting over him but I'm not about to argue them out of it.

A few things to consider here:

• Typically midfielders cost more than defenders.
  • Other defenders of KWP's ability seem to be available for about £5m.
  • At the start of all this speculation the talk was of PEH being worth £35m
  • At the start of all this speculation I seem to remember some talk of a swap deal of KWP + £25m for PEH.

So, I find myself surprised at some people talking this deal down! I think the club have got to get the best deal we possibly can here. Recognition needs to be made of PEH's status as a key player and (until all of the speculation) club captain of Saints. His experience is not without value.

While I accept that Spurs also want to get the best deal they can, let them worry about that - if PEH is their key transfer target, let them show it by stumping up the cash! OK - we are unlikely to get a deal of the level of £25m + KWP, but let's get as close to that as we can!

While I would quite like us to sign KWP, I think their desire for PEH is greater than our desire for KWP, so let us use that and the fact that we have other options (which will only cost about £5m) to our advantage!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, iansums said:

If we were to get KWP + £15M for Hojberg then I'd think that a pretty good deal.

Everton have offered only £14m for Ho according to BBC websitej. Does that means Spurs have to pay us a million to take KWP off their hands?

2 hours ago, revolution saint said:

Apologies for getting all pedantic but that's an urban myth and never happened.  Must be all those drugs n stuff.  Anyway, I agree would be a superb deal if it happened and not sure why PEH has (it seems) Spurs and Everton fighting over him but I'm not about to argue them out of it.

London Bridge is a bridge in Lake Havasu City, Arizona. It was built in the 1830s and formerly spanned the River Thames in London, England. It was dismantled in 1967 and relocated to Arizona. The Arizona bridge is a reinforced concrete structure clad in the original masonry of the 1830s bridge, which was purchased by Robert P. McCulloch from the City of London. McCulloch had exterior granite blocks from the original bridge numbered and transported to America to construct the present bridge in Lake Havasu City, a planned community he established in 1964 on the shore of Lake Havasu. The bridge was completed in 1971 (along with a canal), and links an island in the Colorado River with the main part of Lake Havasu City.

8 minutes ago, Gingeletiss said:

London Bridge is a bridge in Lake Havasu City, Arizona. It was built in the 1830s and formerly spanned the River Thames in London, England. It was dismantled in 1967 and relocated to Arizona. The Arizona bridge is a reinforced concrete structure clad in the original masonry of the 1830s bridge, which was purchased by Robert P. McCulloch from the City of London. McCulloch had exterior granite blocks from the original bridge numbered and transported to America to construct the present bridge in Lake Havasu City, a planned community he established in 1964 on the shore of Lake Havasu. The bridge was completed in 1971 (along with a canal), and links an island in the Colorado River with the main part of Lake Havasu City.

image.thumb.png.7d1dcbc20841e1c8929d77374856ab22.png

11 minutes ago, Gingeletiss said:

The bridge was bought and reconstruted but the myth is that the buyer thought he was getting Tower Bridge.

10 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

There's no way we should accept too many add-ods from Everton being that they are nailed on to win jack shit.

Even though one of our erstwhile forum colleagues insisted they were going places not too long ago...?

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Kyle Walker-Peters