Aston Villa 1-0 Saints - Match Thread

whelk

One of the worst games I've football I've had to endure, and we lost it.

Two inept football teams, truly inept. But we just managed to be even more inept.

This was as bad as Brentford away, West Brom away and Villa away last year. I cannot think of a single good thing to say about that utter shambles.

The players we started with in attack are not enough to sustain a PL team, so we really need to hope Mara, Edizoe and Aribo make a difference otherwise we are done for.

We've waited 2 weeks to watch that absolute mess. I wouldn't even class that as a football match, there was very little football played. I've seen better quality at the park on a Sunday and I'm not even joking. They should all be back in tomorrow and the day after to practice touch, and pass - the two most basic principles of football at any level, which we failed to do at all.

Time to have a weekend off of football I think.

• Like 6

It’s the hope that kills you. Hoped for a performance like the Chelsea game …… got one of the worst performances of Ralph’s tenure and there are plenty to choose from. Can’t believe that we rely on an 18yr old Lavia to run the game and without him we are lost.

I now believe Ralph has to go. That was simply dreadful. 

• Like 1

That's as bad a performance as I've seen from us since we came back up, almost rivalling the 9's. It's just baffling how much the lineup we see an hour before the game and the one we're all hoping for differ week in week out. 

I hope Lavia is back for Everton because if we lose to three utter dross teams in a row then we're actually in big trouble.

Some of them only seem to want it against the big boys.

• Like 4

Just now, Sheaf Saint said:

Ralph looks lost, like he's confused how we've lost that. 

If you don't shoot you don't score, how many shots did we have, how many saves did their keeper make?  The answers will be very, very low numbers. 

• Like 2

Just now, SNSUN said:

mile high GIF

This is not how How date night is ending. Good night y’all.

You should have gone out for a meal, even if it didn’t end up like that at least you wouldn’t have to do the washing up from your takeaway whilst she’s snoring on the sofa

• Haha 2

Very poor.

No-one played well. But not helped by the line up. Why was Djenepo at RM? He's a LB these days; or maybe a LM.

And Moi staying on so long? Terrible decision.

We clearly still have a few gaps in the squad, but surely we can do better than that?

Edited by Suhari
  • Like 2

I don't comment often but that was the most single handed underwhelming shitshow I've seen in years, There was even more fight when we lost 9-0 twice. 

I think we rolled over cause the royals have a few Villa fans.... 

Get rid of this twat hassenaclue and let someone with some football knowledge get a hold of this diamond of a team we potentially have but looked like a bunch of bored strangers tonight.

Now please before it's to late!!!

Shouldn't have bothered wasting an afternoon watching that. Weekends are much better when Saints are not playing. That was just a bunch of blokes kicking a ball about in a park. The local over 50's walking football team have more energy and passing ability than that shower. It really does make you wonder what they do all week in training. Whatever it is they do, it is not working and needs a change. Villa had to do nothing to win that game, which is lucky for them because I thought they were equally as pathetic and appalling as us. Premier League - the best league in the world.

Lavia needs to come back soon.

That midfield was nonexistent, you could see that everytime the CBs had the ball, they had to go back to the keeper. There was nothing in front of them.

Awful, can't really find any positives apart from the young left back got on the pitch. Everything else was prettyich abject.

JWPs form needs to be addressed, we know he can't be dropped but he can't turn in performances like that without fear of being dropped.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Aston Villa 1-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic