Paul Onuachu

niceandfriendly

This guy is someone I remember having my eye on in the summer, along with Sesko. (that ship sailed). He is a massive lump of a CF, cracking goal record, experienced (not a kid). Exactly bang on what we need in a number 9 position.

Someone else on here was flogging his name around as well in that he'd be a great shout for us. 17 in 22 this year, 23 in 43 last year. Guy knows where the goal is.

I'd say this ticks more boxes that Vitinha in the sense he's more proven, costs less and has much better physicality. 

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

This guy is someone I remember having my eye on in the summer, along with Sesko. (that ship sailed). He is a massive lump of a CF, cracking goal record, experienced (not a kid). Exactly bang on what we need in a number 9 position.

Someone else on here was flogging his name around as well in that he'd be a great shout for us. 17 in 22 this year, 23 in 43 last year. Guy knows where the goal is.

I'd say this ticks more boxes that Vitinha in the sense he's more proven, costs less and has much better physicality. 

Yep, @ally_ukhas been calling for him for ages too

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Just to add a boring point - he should really help sure up our defence at set pieces, one of our biggest weaknesses.

Also, who doesn't love a 6'7" behemoth of a striker.

Back in the day it was all about Kevin Francis. Seem to recall he was about 17 foot 3

Edited by Le Timmier

4 minutes ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Just to add a boring point - he should really help sure up our defence at set pieces, one of our biggest weaknesses.

Also, who doesn't love a 6'7" behemoth of a striker.

Will make a diffefence in that regard certainly.

My only concerns, despite his good goal record:

- Can we get enough runners around him to avoid him being quite static up front? Hopefully Kamaldeen, Edozie, Armstrong, Alcaraz can help here.

- From open play will we revert to just smashing the ball up to him because he is big and good in the air rather than trying to build up and get crosses in from good positions?

- He doesn't play 90mins very often in Belgium (reguarly subbed in the 60s) and the PL is much faster...

Lets hope for no failed medicals...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

This shows he’s a bit cumbersome at times 😂

Still feels he offers us plenty we’ve been missing with his key attributes.

I’ll take him scoring terrible hattricks for the rest of the season. Just as I’d take us winning terrible games of football as long as it keeps us up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint IQ said:

Thank fk for that, I thought we weren't signing anyone. Makes sense now that its all being done abroad as how I would know we are signing someone has not happened, was really angry logging onto here 😂

Must say I have been waiting for one of your medical booked for …… posts

2 minutes ago, Daft Kerplunk said:

No chance he gets that sort of time to fuck up and recover in the Premier League 🤣

Che gets the time, he just can't recover... Or more to the point, he could be trying all week and still not score... 🤣

Edited by Saint86
  • Haha 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Paul Onuachu - Official: Signs 3.5 Year Conteact
8 hours ago, goodymatt said:

This shows he’s a bit cumbersome at times 😂

Still feels he offers us plenty we’ve been missing with his key attributes.

Haha that first is funny, but we all know Che would have missed those first two. Second one he composed himself to put the rebound away. Penalty was standard. 

Welcome aboard please please be good. 

• niceandfriendly changed the title to Paul Onuachu - Official: Signs 3.5 Year Contract
3 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

Genuinely really excited by this signing, more so than I would of been by Vitinha, Beto or any of the other strikers linked. 

What, even though Beto would have been 'the most ideal signing for us ever'...? ;)

Edited by trousers

1 minute ago, Singapore Saint said:

What's YHGTI? I figure YHG is young hung Ghanaian but I couldn't figure out TI 🤔

Young hungry guaranteed to improve 

the saintsweb tag line which followed any young player for several years on here 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

Genuinely really excited by this signing, more so than I would of been by Vitinha, Beto or any of the other strikers linked. 

Yeah me too. This is the signing I really wanted. It gives us genuine hope. I see Everton didn't sign anyone,  I wonder whats going on on their site today !!!

• Lighthouse changed the title to Paul Onuachu