Palace 2-2 Saints - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

28 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

I worry about Tino up against Zaha though. 

Has Ralph ripped up the playbook and gone with a 433 or is Smallbone playing as a 10 I wonder?

looks like a a 433 to me..

Livra Lyanco Salisu KWP

JWP Romeu Smallbone

Redmond Broja Tella

with JWP playing on the right to provide cover for Tino and torment Zaha.

• Like 1

I'm liking the look of that, nice to see Ralph try something different we all hope it pays off.

Now if we can start managing better in-game too that would be useful, I have no doubt we will start amazing but then usually all it takes is for the opposition manager to clock-on and make a positive change which changes game in favour and Ralph is slow to react.

I am feeling slightly more optimistic for some reason.

Palace 1-2 Saints!!!  

I actually quite like the look of that line up, although I don’t know why I do it to myself as I always get optimistic about this time as we go on get done about 3-1.

Just happy Bednarek isn’t part of the back line. The signing of Perraud just seems more baffling week on week, it obvious Ralph doesn’t rate him despite signing him.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Palace vs Saints - Match Thread
1 minute ago, Dark Munster said:

Agreed with all the others about the Tino/Perraud situation. The Palace attack looks scary (plus Edouard mini goal drought, gulp). Especially with old Willy in goal.

I'd happily take a draw if offered it now.

Yeah, snatch your hand off for a draw. I have a bad feeling about this one.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Would appear you have the same concern as me. Bad enough with Tino v zaha but to then have Lyanco inside tino - not convinced.

I'd of gone with KWP. Lyanco has not impressed me at all. Hopefully tonight is the night.

Pretty happy with that lineup if it ends up being some form of 4-1-4-1. Feel that playing a little more conservatively against palace could be way to success.

Like that Lyanco is back. Interesting to see Smallbone ahead of Diallo, but not a shock given Diallo's performance on Saturday.

Only real issue is with refusal to rest Livramento. Though helps my FF team as otherwise i'd only have 2 defenders plating.

Fucking shite. Shit pass by Salisu killed us. Looked like it may have been a foul though.

Lyanco didn't do much wrong. Looked very easy though for Zaha.

The goal looks massive with Willy in it. Beaten near post. McCarthy would be strung up for doing that.

• Like 1

This will be an even bigger embarrassment I fear than previous debacles unless this disparate bunch miraculously gel and find a way of scoring 2 or 3 goals. That’s what they’ll need to walk away with anything, but we all know how this plays out. Tippy tappy madness at the back, JWP passing backwards more than forwards and no punch at the front. Let’s see if Ralph is worth his salt - these are teams we need to beat. Prediction… 2-0 Palace.

Just now, Chez said:

Fucking shite. Shit pass by Salisu killed us. Looked like it may have been a foul though.

Lyanco didn't do much wrong. Looked very easy though for Zaha.

The goal looks massive with Willy in it. Beaten near post. McCarthy would be strung up for doing that.

Wasn't a foul. 

Didn't do much wrong apart from show him inside, you mean?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Palace 2-2 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic