20/21 Kit

Hatch

So let's see how next season pans out and how the shirt will be remembered......

Top Four finish a Champions League = "The best shirt we've ever had. Let's stick with the sash forever"

5th to 8th finish = "Really nice shirt. It got us into Europe. Maybe let's have a sash again next year"

9th to 13th  = "OK, we tried it.......it wasn't the worst kit ever, but let's have stripes back again please"

14th - 16th = "Phewwww, that was close. Now get me stripes and make it without a damn bra"

Bottom Four = "It wasn't the players fault, it was that bloody sash shirt.......oh yeh, and that bloody sponsor's logo. I'm gonna see if I can get a couple of quid for mine on ebay" 

FA Cup win = See Top Four Finish.

(Sorry - not a blue away kit please - too much like the nasty neighbours) 

Edited by Saint Keef
forgot a bit.

I love it, not gonna mug myself off and pay 55 quid for it (wait till end of season sale 😉), but they're both fine shirts. 3rd kit is the nicer one, the sponsor logo in gold makes it look less obnoxious and plastered on and tbf they probably got it in reverse, home kit looks like a 3rd kit and the 3rd looks like it should be home.

Like the little game you can play on Facebook to unveil it and the little dig at Pompey still being in League One 😆

Edited by Saints Fan Dan

Its probably one of the worst saints home shirt we've had - certainly the least Southampton like. It's a really poor effort and also one of the worst sash attempts out there.

The logo will be falling off in no time as well.

How can it be that year after year, amateur mock ups are better than those of professionals.

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

Its probably one of the worst saints home shirt we've had - certainly the least Southampton like. It's a really poor effort and also one of the worst sash attempts out there.

How can it be that year after year, amateur mock ups are better than those of professionals.

The logo falling off would be a bad thing? 

• Haha 1

Well, they are the best UA kits for Saints so far. By a long way.

The team ruined the Patrick re-incarnation...

Not happy the main sponsor logo remains, but at least it blends with the kit rather than that disgusting light blue colour. And thats not UAs fault anyway.

Edited by alpine_saint

Not the worst home kit, but like others I do wonder what's so difficult in producing a decent stripped shirt. The photos of the manikins make it look like it doesn't fit well.

I'll be watching out for a Chinese import at £18 again...or perhaps use the credit we received from the ST renewal. 

3 hours ago, JCBSaint said:

Really looking forward to the new saints 21-22 kits .... after all it’s our 136th year so must commemorate that!! These are nice kits but we are not Peru....sorry am not a fan... will dig out the red sash kit of 10 years ago, that DID commemorate something and was nice and simple.

The club will also be doing a line in marmalade sandwiches, and duffle coats with the club logo on...

35 minutes ago, striker said:

Really like the kit, a big fan of the slash. The only thing that bugs me is the Chinese lettering.

UA have taken the piss most seasons with their shirt designs

1 hour ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Not the worst home kit, but like others I do wonder what's so difficult in producing a decent stripped shirt. The photos of the manikins make it look like it doesn't fit well.

I'll be watching out for a Chinese import at £18 again...or perhaps use the credit we received from the ST renewal. 

I wouldn't hold your breath on that - the £35 voucher can't be used on kits.

• Sad 1

Not a kit man but i think they all look decent

Obviously if you could get rid of the Chinese characters that would of looked smarter but I think the white and red with gold looks mustard.

Wonder which month this year they will turn up then ? before matchday 1 ?

28 minutes ago, Saint Billy said:

I like the kits but why do we keep using the horrible hooped socks.

As we did between 1949-73, many a lot worse than the current design of a single white hoop on them.

4 hours ago, Saint86 said:

If the logo falls off, I'd actually buy it

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Like the home kit a lot. Would buy it if it wasn’t for the fact they’re so tight. Why are modern kits so figure hugging, the need a fat  bastards version. 

Available in XXXXL I believe LD. If that's hugging your figure it's probably time to lose weight.

Edited by stknowle
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, stknowle said:

Available in XXXXL I believe LD. If that's hugging your figure it's probably time to lose weight.

Then it’ll be like a bloody dress.

Modern kits are  slim fit, particularly UA . I’m just a normal middle aged bloke, bit of a belly. XL, my normal size would be skin tight (not a pretty sight). They need a Gammon range. 

Home kit is vile. Just hope nobody buys it.

What is the matter with tradition, Saints are red and white stripes and black shorts.

Always have been and always should be.

White with red sash is a perfectly acceptable shirt -you can muck about with them. and gold is very good, reminiscent of the old gold and black of circa 67.

Please don't buy the home kit, only way to teach them a lesson.

I don't mind it, which is unusual on day 1 of an UA kit, they really are quite shit. I think they were correct having the red version as our home kit, we are a red team rather than a white team. I know technically we are a red and white team but red is the dominant colour. Although I would prefer the sash to go the other way.

10 minutes ago, cambsaint said:

What is the matter with tradition, Saints are red and white stripes and black shorts.

White with red sash is a perfectly acceptable shirt -you can muck about with them. and gold is very good, reminiscent of the old gold and black of circa 67.

Traditional kits stopped in the 70's.

3 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

I've always said this. An extra tenner on top that goes directly to the sponsor to have a shirt with no logo on. 

Has anyone ever tried to raise this with the club? I’d certainly pay a tenner more. One of the reasons why the 125 kit was so popular, and why I tend to buy training tops instead of shirts. 

1 hour ago, cambsaint said:

🤪

1 hour ago, cambsaint said:

Yeah and we play four four fucking two! 

7 hours ago, saint1977 said:

Liking the home, third kit similar to the 10/11 sash I still own. If the blue one is like the mock up someone’s made below then I could see myself getting the home and away kits

Interesting. Good to revive the sash again, however...

I like the version with the sash from bottom left to top right, but not the reverse version (bottom right to top left) which weirdly looks like looking into a mirror. .

Why on earth does Gao's horrible logo have to awkwardly splatter over the sash? Why couldn''t the sash have been wide enough to encompass the whole logo..

The versions with the white logo over a narrow red sash on the white background is particularly gash.  

Hohum, at least Gao didn't design the while thing. (Or did he?)

I predict low sales again. I think we're going to be laughed off the field.

ffs employ a competent designer next year!

PS please reassure me that we're not going to have a blue version?   Skates and Brighton blue?  Surely not.

We should stick to stripes. I understood the sash kit for the 125th anniversary, but would have preferred it to have been our away kit. Our home kit should always be red and white stripes. Why do we do we allow pointless designs like this? A red shirt with a white sash is not a Saints shirt. Could you imagine the reaction if Celtic ditched the hoops in favour of a green shirt with a white sash?

Personally I think they are really quite nice. 
looking forward to the away shirt also. 
the sponsor logo is the only downside,however, it’s a vast improvement it being all one colour and not completely solid like this seasons abomination.