Summer Transfer Window 2021

Dusic

Kind of either way on Vestergaard, do think he adds something to the team and showed in the first half of the season he can be very good. At the same I wouldn't say he was integral and seems to have plenty of mistakes in him. So I'd take him signing a new contract and going for about £15-20 million which we re-invest, don't think losing him on a free does much for us though. 

It's also probably the position we are least worried about, as in Salisu I think could be better defensively anyway and is certainly more mobile, Bednerak and Stephens are ok (would be great to do better but we don't have the cash) and we now have the guy from Chelsea in who could be 4th choice and I wouldn't be too worried. 

Edited by tajjuk
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Where? 

Name names, which posters didn’t want him but are now pissed off we’re not getting him. 

Maybe pissed off wasnt the right word. And I got confused which forum i replied on, was on another one.

Edited by Billy the Kidd

I've heard we've registered an interest in Sander Berge at Sheffield United. Would be a welcome addition for the right price but suspect others higher up the food chain will be ahead in the queue. Could be one to watch the closer we get to deadline day...

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

I've heard we've registered an interest in Sander Berge at Sheffield United. Would be a welcome addition for the right price but suspect others higher up the food chain will be ahead in the queue. Could be one to watch the closer we get to deadline day...

Wasn't he £20m?  Good player though.

8 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Was just reading that he's available for around £13m and Napoli are interested. He was seriously highly rated when he came over.

Edit: Added source

Edited by Saint Matty 76

6 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Berge and Sørloth have the same agents.

Curious we've been linked with both on the same day

6 minutes ago, Nolan said:

Berge and Sørloth have the same agents.

Curious we've been linked with both on the same day.

Interesting...wasn't aware of that. As I said, maybe one to keep an eye on the closer to deadline day we get - if Berge doesn't get the big move he undoubtedly desires, we may have an opportunity...

How about Alassane Plea as a replacement for Ings?

Monchengladbach will supposedly sell him for £15M.  We were linked to him just before Claude Puel left - pretty sure Leandre Griffit thought it was a done deal by his tweets at the time - but they paid £25M for him which was more than we would pay I expect.  

He's 28 so a bit too old for our supposed recruitment strategy - but I think we need a bit of experience up front as well as some youthful potential.

Just now, SuperSAINT said:

Nixon saying they are in for him but there are higher offers.

Imagine all interested parties will get to the magic number eventually, so will come down to him and where he wants to be. 

Personally wouldn’t offer £20m.

Wonder if we may firm up interest in that French lad with the 200 person family entourage, that all wanted a cut? Or whether we’ve walked away from that as too messy.

1 minute ago, ErwinK1961 said:

Imagine all interested parties will get to the magic number eventually, so will come down to him and where he wants to be. 

Personally wouldn’t offer £20m.

Wonder if we may firm up interest in that French lad with the 200 person family entourage, that all wanted a cut? Or whether we’ve walked away from that as too messy.

Can’t imagine they would cause problems in the future :) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Albert said:

Muppets. Would imagine it’s a game of brinkmanship with Blackburn who are as badly and stupidly ruined as SFC by owners clueless about football, two shit boardrooms playing chicken. To say ‘cheap’ the day after selling the local lad and decent player - which was a good deal btw - is not ideal messaging to the fans.

So the gains from the Ings deal get wiped out as all of the prices go up on targets. How difficult is it to get a deal signed with Villa, Grealish deal not done yet for a few days and get the replacement in the bag and then do all of the PR? Lack of funds gets blamed but it’s lack of organisation, strategy and organisation really.

My point is that I’m quite happy with the Ings deal but the club do not seem prepared in terms of having fees agreed for replacements and being ready. That means you get mugged for more afterwards as clubs want a chunk of what you are just receiving. I agree the club has cleared some deadwood well although their choice to stick with Reed as long as they did. That’s reactive, let’s see how they do with being proactive.

Edited by saint1977

I don't understand the logic of some of you on here. You expect us to just throw money at Blackburn and not haggle a bit to get the price down but at the same time complain we have no money to spend. 

Surely it's smarter business to have a few target and then start the negotiation process to get the price down a bit?

• Like 2

Just now, OttawaSaint said:

I don't understand the logic of some of you on here. You expect us to just throw money at Blackburn and not haggle a bit to get the price down but at the same time complain we have no money to spend. 

Surely it's smarter business to have a few target and then start the negotiation process to get the price down a bit?

I agree with you unless we haggle and then end up losing out and go for the cheaper and possibly not as good alternative. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I agree with you unless we haggle and then end up losing out and go for the cheaper and possibly not as good alternative. 

That's the risk you take I guess. 

Some on here when buying a used car must march straight up the the seller, see the 15,000 asking price and immediately panic and give them 18,000 just to make sure they get the car they want meanwhile similar cars are going for 12,000. 

That's fine if you are rich, be we aren't!

Edited by OttawaSaint

1 minute ago, Hodgey said:

Think that’s fair, but they are falling short on succession planning 

He left 24 hours ago, in what was clearly a shock bolt out of the blue for all parties, with Villa looking to rush it through before they announce selling Grealish.

Not sure we can say we’re falling short on succession planning just yet. I’m sure we’ve got targets lined up, but 1) we were probably surprised at how quickly the Villa transfer went through (all done in a day) and 2) needed the money from the Ings sale to actually buy his replacement.

If in a couple of weeks time we still aren’t any closer, I’ll agree with you.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

That's the risk you take I guess. 

Some on here when buying a used car must march straight up the the seller, see the 15,000 asking price and immediately panic and give them 18,000 just to make sure they get the car they want meanwhile similar cars are going for 12,000. 

That's fine if you are rich, be we aren't!

I'm fine with a bit of a haggle but we just need to do it in the right way. We have been guilty in the past of holding out for so long that we lose the player we want and get the less effective alternative. Our ings replacement will probably define our season and may well be the difference between safety and relegation. If we mess up the signing of a lb it is a pain but we would probably be OK but this is imperative that we get the right person. 

5 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I'm fine with a bit of a haggle but we just need to do it in the right way. We have been guilty in the past of holding out for so long that we lose the player we want and get the less effective alternative. Our ings replacement will probably define our season and may well be the difference between safety and relegation. If we mess up the signing of a lb it is a pain but we would probably be OK but this is imperative that we get the right person. 

Examples?

It's a random tweet, no idea why people are taking it as verbatim.

We don't even know if we are actually interested in Armstrong either. 

Also if £25-30 million is a good deal for Danny Ings, then logically £20 million for a player, ok younger, but only proven in the Championship, in the exact same contract situation is clearly too much. 

Not a huge amount of difference in age or goals scored between Armstrong and Che, and we paid around £15 million for Che, so a fee closer to that makes more sense. 

12 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

On a serious note, it does put a bit of perspective on Ings leaving because he wouldn’t sign a new contract here. If it can happen to Barcelona it can happen to anyone.

That's not what has happened. Messi has agreed to stay but Barcelona finances and the leagues rules mean it's not plausible. Think today was bit of a power move from Barcelona to be honest, an attempt to get La Liga to cave on their rules or they risk losing the leagues star player. 

3 hours ago, ozzmeister said:

A quote from a Blackburn fan on Armstrong -

‘Armstrong is quick, and when playing with confidence is a handful - very good at pressing, but he won’t replace Ings from a shot conversion rate unless he’s been working on his finishing over the summer’

sounds like another Che Adam’s to me.

none of his goals show the speed. Certainly sharp, like Ings was, but nothing that suggest great pace.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

very good player according to a Sheff United fan in the family that I spoke to last Xmas. I was going ti suggest him on here, but wasn't sure how good a season he had in the end. 

23 minutes ago, danjosaint said:

But Barca are about to be handed €250m from the new cvc la liga deal, I'm sure that will help towards Messi's wages 

It's not about Barca not affording it, everything was agreed. But because La Liga have halved Barca's wage cap they do not have the space in their budget to accommodate him on the terms they agreed.

As another said, it feels like a political move by Barca - it'll make La Liga look at what it's imposing and maybe reign in a bit, losing their number one marketable asset is a huge deal breaker. Still expect him to be at Barca come September.

Although if we had ambition we'd have signed him by now ffs.

29 minutes ago, Chez said:

none of his goals show the speed. Certainly sharp, like Ings was, but nothing that suggest great pace.

The Blackburn FM researcher must think hes very quick because he has a lot of pace and acceleration in the game.