Wolves 0-2 Saints - Match Thread

nta786

All too slow and predictable again with nobody willing to get between the lines or take a gamble. Passing it backwards just or the sake of it. Get some mojo and bang down on the accelerator. Nothing changes. Wolves are there for the taking but we need to be a lot more positive.

Edited by Teddeer

Djenepo and Redmond together just doesn't work. They're both so wasteful and it leaves our attack disjointed and ineffective. Both of them had good shooting chances but completely failed to judge the flight of the ball and sort their feet out in time to get a good connection.

Armstrong has been our best player by a long way. 

• Like 1

No ideas or quality in the final third against an organised defence. Hasenhuttl-ball epitomised. Not expecting to see a plan B after half time.

Salisu's looked all right, though. Albeit against a team who've barely attacked. Bit rusty at times, but that's to be expected.

Just hope we can get through the rest of the game with no new injuries.

6 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Well that's three and a half games for FF without conceding!

Don’t think he ever lost it, he went through a crap period and got labelled as our worst-choice goalkeeper after being sensational for us.

Since then, been treated to Gunn & McCarthy and they’ve not been half the ‘keepers Fraser ever was for us, still think he’s the best we’ve got and wasted him these past few seasons.

1 minute ago, GDog07 said:

Don’t think he ever lost it, he went through a crap period and got labelled as our worst-choice goalkeeper after being sensational for us.

Since then, been treated to Gunn & McCarthy and they’ve not been half the ‘keepers Fraser ever was for us, still think he’s the best we’ve got and wasted him these past few seasons.

Bit he hasn't had anything at all to do

We are the only team trying to score while they defend in numbers. This was always going to be a tough ask. No point singling players out already. 

Keep plugging away, and then Ralph needs to make a brave decision on the hour mark if its no happening. Happy with our work-rate, and the new boy doing just fine. 

We go this. 

1 minute ago, Sarisbury Saint said:

Not a fan of Redmond, but don’t think he’s been any worse than Adams.

Yes, I agree, but once the bandwagon rolls on here he'd have to score a double hat-trick to convince the doubters. FWIW I think he's been better today, trying to drive forward and make things happen, which was the criticism last time. He's kept the ball OK too, when he's been in tight corners. As to that chance, it was almost behind him.  I think he could do a whole lot better, but if Adams comes on we'll be moaning about his lack of a left foot. I don't mind criticism and I can groan with the best of them at a bad play, but I try and give credit where it's due.

2 minutes ago, whizzpop said:

Redmond has to go in the Summer.  Perfect opportunity to whip a quick ball in and goes backwards

Why would you bother whipping a ball into the oppositions box when you can play it back to the half way line and retain possession ffs.

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Wolves 0-2 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic